Manager, Corporate Tax
Company: Emergent Holdings
Posted on: January 14, 2020
We are searching for a dymanic leader to oversee our corporate tax
program. This role will provide oversight to a team responsible for
the monitoring the Company's compliance with tax laws and
regulations. Manages the timely completion and filing of the
Federal tax provision, Federal tax return, State income and
indirect tax returns in 50 states. Informs all levels of management
on new tax laws, tax updates and their potential impact.
Coordinates corporate tax audits. Recommends and implements methods
and procedures to minimize tax liability or promote tax savings.
Manages the activities and functions of area or section including
but not limited to planning, organization, problem solving, staff
development and communication. Close interaction with personnel and
management within or outside department and within the broader
enterprise tax department in performing duties and assignments.
Responsible for preparation of Statutory and GAAP footnotes, as
well as tax forecasts.
Some Core Responsibilities of this role include:
- Prepares income tax provisions and the computation of deferred
tax balances in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Has overall responsibility for completing the federal tax
provision and validation of deferred tax assets/liabilities on a
GAAP and Statutory basis.
- Responsible for the integration of the federal tax returns for
all entities into compatible Federal Income Tax software (One
Source). Returns include, but are not limited to, federal form
- Prepares quarterly and annual regulatory statements and filings
in all states for all entities.
- Prepares tax and assessment work papers and returns while
providing other taxation support for all entities in all 50
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field. CPA required.
Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning
philosophy, is required.
Seven years of relevant experience which provide the necessary
skills, knowledge and abilities. Three or more years of experience
in a leadership role equivalent is required. Insurance industry
accounting experience is preferred, not required. Experience with
multi-entity accounting is also required. Experience working with
external auditing firms is preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability
to prioritize work and forecast resources necessary to meet
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory and tax
- Advanced knowledge of, and the ability to accurately apply,
statutory and generally accepted accounting principles and
practices for property and casualty insurance companies
- Strong knowledge of federal income tax rules and regulations
for property and casualty insurance companies.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, process flows and
- Knowledge of activities, practices and terminology for property
and casualty insurance companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting and finance
processes, results and decisions, either through written or oral
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret financial and
management data to solve management and business problems.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis of various problem
situations and address them, or refer them for appropriate decision
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage projects.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage organizational
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish work flows and
meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to direct, monitor, motivate, coach, and mentor
- Ability to effectively lead in a team environment.
- Ability to provide feedback and to counsel staff
- Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the
minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels
associated with performing the duties and responsibilities
contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will"
basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Keywords: Emergent Holdings, Lansing , Manager, Corporate Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!