Controller / Tax Accountant
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: November 17, 2021
This is not a public accounting company.Our client located in
Lansing, Michigan is looking to add a Controller / Tax Accountant
to their company. This person will serve as a member of a cohesive
team who consistently demonstrates high integrity and reliability
within a professional environment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial transactions to record activity each month
and enter data into financial software. Analyze and explain budget
variances and variances to the prior month and year. Prepare
monthly financial statements for each program (as assigned), and
the entire agency or entity.
- Prepare cash receipts and cash transfer ledgers and monthly
journal entries, as required.
- Reconcile payroll liability and expense accounts to payroll tax
- Prepare financial reports for Board meetings and Board
Committees, as required.
- Analyze balance sheet and revenue and expense accounts monthly,
quarterly or annually (as assigned).
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Prepare reports for governments and contracting agencies as
required (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Understand and maintain the general ledger software, including
the chart of accounts and the reports. Design and implement new
reports as needed.
- Prepare records for the annual audit and work with the external
auditors during the audit.
- Working with Administration and Program Managers, prepare
annual operating and capital budgets, including workpapers,
analysis and reports, as required. Maintain the budget on the
general ledger software.
- Prepare income tax returns for C corporations, S corporations,
partnerships, LLCs, and individuals.
- Prepare form 1099's and personal property tax returns.
- Assist in tax planning and providing business advice for
- Compile and review clients' financial statements and management
- Assist with other accounting projects as
- Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 2 years in Public accounting
- CPA certification would be nice however, not required.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Client-oriented work ethic, delivering high-quality
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.WHY our
client?Entrepreneurial and dynamic advisory firm
- Privately owned
- High growth potential with opportunities for upward
- Good work life/personal life balance
- Great benefits and compensationFor more information contact my
office at firstname.lastname@example.org.#cfsnov2021
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Lansing , Controller / Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!