Software Test Analyst
Company: DMI (Digital Management, LLC)
Posted on: August 1, 2022
This position will function as the Test Analyst for Agency Services
supporting Treasury within the Department of Technology Management
and Budget. Treasury exists to provide quality financial, tax, and
administrative services. The state treasurer acts as the principal
advisor to the governor on tax and fiscal policy issue. Treasury
collects, invest, and disburses all state monies and the Department
administers major tax law, and safeguards the credit of the state
and its local units of government.
The Test Analyst will support all test activities, in terms of
communications to and from the business test representatives and
ensuring through the Test Lead (ITM14) that key test issues are
managed or escalated as necessary. Additionally, will produce
reports, presentations, and meeting minutes for quality assurance
testing assignments and deliverables.
- Communicate and interact with the BA and development teams
during the requirements, development and testing processes.
- Assist team in creating scenarios to meet the validation of
acceptance criteria of customer requirements.
- Undertake all system test related activities in support of the
business requirements for the provision of new and updated
- Undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with
third-party staff to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Undertake Quality Assurance checks during third-party meetings
and internal developments to ensure that only 'fit-for-purpose'
code is delivered into test environments owned by the test
- Attend meetings as well as workshops comprising business and or
technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such
as requirement verification and prioritization, test scenario
identification and general matters.
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a
structured way, prioritized to reflect business or technical
priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is
to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
- Create allocated test scripts, monitor test execution and
ensure results are recorded.
- Coordinate re-testing of defects and issues either through 'at
desk' re-tests by business test representatives, or via
walkthroughs with third-party providers.
- Prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including
test scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports,
and visual progress charts.
- Act as liaison with and assist each line of business regarding
the test planning, testing activity, and test results
- Responsible for: time management; reporting and monitoring;
risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change
- Support other test team members and associated IT and Business
resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related
- Carry out other tasks as agreed with the Test Team Lead.
QA requirement analysis and test planning
QA Execution and defect tracking
QA tracking tools (Rational, HPALM, or similar QA tracking
Job ID: 2021-21808
Keywords: DMI (Digital Management, LLC), Lansing , Software Test Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!