Affordable Housing Property Manager - Silver Stone Apartments
Company: Millennia Housing Management
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Position Overview Silver Stone Apartments is seeking an
Affordable Housing Property Manager to manage its 105 Units. This
position is responsible for managing all aspects of Silver Stone
Apartments an affordable housing community located in Lansing, MI
totaling 105 Units . The Affordable Housing Property Manager must
demonstrate experience in effective property management for HUD
Section 8 and Tax Credit housing. The Affordable Housing Property
Manager is responsible for the property's overall performance,
including financial results, legal and compliance adherence,
resident satisfaction, building health and maintenance, and
employee engagement. If you are interested in working in a
rewarding environment where your talents are appreciated, apply in
confidence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foster an inclusive working environment.
- Promote growth by implementing training and development plans
- Ensure that employees have the necessary tools to be
successful. Financial Results
- Collect 100% of the rent every month. Manage delinquencies as
- Maintain and increase occupancy. Maximize the rent potential of
- Maintain and process application waiting list.
- Resident selection and certification to ensure all required
paperwork, financial & program. Eligibility is completed accurately
- Control expenses according to established budgets. Legal &
- Pass REAC and MOR inspections, as well as maintaining required
housing and company quality standards.
- Conducts initial lease process with certification and annual
re-certification for HUD and Tax Credit compliance.
- Ensures Section 8 and HUD regulations are adhered to. Resident
- Plan and execute activities throughout the year, including
parties, events, etc.
- Handle tenant complaints and emergencies promptly.
- Providing excellent customer service. Building Health &
- Ensure work orders are created and processed promptly.
- Conduct unit inspections, including quarterly inspections.
- Ensuring that the property's curb appeal is impeccable.
Experience & Education
- Three years experience with HUD Section 8 and LIHTC experience
a plus Prior experience with REACS & MOR audits, preferred
- High School diploma Behavioral:
- Respectful: Shows respect through self-awareness, reflects on
his/her own words and actions to adapt, grow and succeed. Embraces
differences while recognizing what brings us together. Maintains
high levels of confidentiality.
- Collaborator: Strengthens relationships with residents, owners,
customers, and employees, relying on strong communication and a
deep understanding of the values and needs of all those involved.
Works with others to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Service Orientation: Understands internal and external
stakeholders' values and anticipates their needs; they strive
towards loyalty and lasting relationships. Maintains a positive
- Performance: Works on the right things at the right time and,
in doing so, stays aligned with our business essentials and
priorities. Understands the business carefully and critically
analyzing financial data and metrics and weighing options and risks
before making decisions. Remains open and flexible and adapts to
new ways of keeping us as an industry leader.
- Resilience: Response to challenges with composure, optimism,
and hardiness; perseveres and exhibits healthy stress management
- Work Intensity: Demonstrates a sufficient level of urgency in
completing work efficiently. Grooming & Uniform
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
- F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
- C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of
the time (5.5+ hrs/day) Physical Demands Lift/Carry Push/Pull Stand
- C Grasp - C 10 lbs or less - C 12 lbs or less - C Walk - C Reach
Outward - C 11-20 lbs - O 13-25 lbs - O Manually Manipulate - C
Reach Above Shoulder - C 21-50 lbs - O 26-40 lbs - O Sit - C Speak
- C 51-100 lbs - N 41-100 lbs - N Climb O Crawl - O Over 100 lbs -
N Squat or Kneel - O Bend - O Other Physical Requirements: Vision -
C Work Environment Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a
residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise,
people, and equipment. Due to travel, the incumbent is exposed to
vehicles, planes, and other methods of transportation. The
Background Check Process The information in your resume and
application, including employment history, educational history, and
credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
EOE/Disabled/Veterans Statement We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the
basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age,
disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. Acknowledgment This job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the
associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities
may change at any time with or without notice. The employee is
expected to conduct all business following our Company Team
Promises. Policies and procedures, employee handbook, and following
Fair Housing laws(both federal and local), Americans with
Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA, National Labor
Relations Act, and all other laws of the multi-family
Keywords: Millennia Housing Management, Lansing , Affordable Housing Property Manager - Silver Stone Apartments, Accounting, Auditing , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!