Company: Tri-County Office on Aging
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title: - Administrative Support Reports to: - Nutrition
Director Work Location: - -Lansing, MI Base work schedule: - Full
Time, -Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, 40 hours/week
Compensation: - $15.64/hour, $32,531/year plus comprehensive
benefits package General Responsibilities: - Provides secretarial
and administrative support to the Nutrition Department. - Creates &
runs reports, maintains files and works with confidential
information. - May assist the Nutrition Director with departmental
analysis and review. - - - Essential Job Functions: (Reasonable
accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with
disabilities who can perform the essential job functions.)
- Provides administrative support to the Nutrition Department. -
Examples include, but are not limited to, composing correspondence,
preparing departmental reports & manuals and working with
confidential information. -
- Performs secretarial support in the form of typing, proof
reading, data entry, answering calls, faxing & copying materials,
processing outgoing & ingoing mail and maintenance of office
supplies & equipment for the department. -
- Provides basic accounting support. - Examples include, but are
not limited to, processing purchase orders and invoices, monthly
reconciliations, counting & verifying deposits and financial
- Acts as staff support for Nutrition Meetings. - Maintains
records and assists with agenda items. -Participates as needed.
- Helps coordinate volunteers used to meet departmental needs.
- Creates and maintains monthly, quarterly and annual reports as
directed. - Provides administrative analysis as needed by the
Nutrition Director. -
- Provides support and acts as back up to offsite programs such
as Meals on Wheels (MOW) and Dining Sites.
- Conducts in-home assessments & reassessments with clients to
determine their eligibility in the Meals on Wheels (MOW) program.
Promotes & refers other appropriate services to clients.
- Serves as a backup to the Receptionists as needed.
- Provide telephone support for all MOW offices as needed.
- Helps with special projects as needed. -
- Examples of job functions listed do not include all tasks which
may be found in this position. - Duties and responsibilities may be
added, deleted or modified at any time. Knowledge, Skills &
- Commitment to the organization's missions and goals.
- Computer skills sufficient to learn specific departmental
- Ability to maintain confidential information regarding all
aspects of client, volunteer, employee and agency information.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish good
relationships with staff, clients, volunteers and vendors.
- Ability to represent the Agency in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust priorities to meet deadlines in a timely
- Ability to meet department standards with regard to job
knowledge, client focus, initiative, productivity, communication,
teamwork and attendance. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. - Some college coursework
strongly preferred. -
- Two years of experience as administrative support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with a non-profit organization is
preferred. Working Conditions:
- The work environment is a typical office setting. - Safe work
practices in regard to office equipment, avoiding trips/falls and
fire regulations are required.
- Physical mobility is required for sitting, walking, standing,
bending and lifting/holding/carrying objects of up to 20 pounds. -
Ability to enter and access information using a computer. - Must be
able to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers volunteers
and vendors in person and over the telephone. -
- Sensory requirements include exposure to uniform temperatures,
conversational noise levels and everyday office activities. -
- Mental requirements include the ability to handle varying
levels of stress. Tri-County Office on Aging is an Equal
Keywords: Tri-County Office on Aging, Lansing , Administrative Support, Administration, Clerical , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!