Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Positions Location: Eaton Rapids, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Greets and registers patients. Performs a variety of clerical tasks
in support of assigned department including, but not limited to,
answering phones, assembling patient charts, data entering
physician orders, copying documents, and processing departmental
* Assists individuals, in person and over the phone, providing
information and assistance and/or scheduling appointments; notifies
appropriate personnel of emergency/urgent situations.
* Greets and registers patients. Duties include, but are not
limited to, obtaining and verifying patient's demographic/medical/
insurance information, obtaining insurance authorization and/or
referral authorization, collecting co-pays/payments for services
rendering and data entering patient information into the computer
* Reviews documentation completed by patients to assure accuracy
and completeness of information; contacts others as necessary to
confirm data or resolve errors.
* Checks patients out following completion of the appointment.
Duties include, but are not limited to, collecting
payments/co-pays, scheduling follow-up appointments and tests as
necessary. Completes all paperwork /form as required.
* Distributes patient documents and records within EMR or paper
copies as directed.
* Date stamps, sorts and distributes, via scanning in to EMR or
paper copies, incoming departmental mail.
* Ensures that appointment reminder calls have gone out
electronically. Contacts patients as necessary to confirm
* Reconciles payments with receipts and EMR report. In Specialty
Clinics may complete physician vouchers, and forwards voucher and
receipts to appropriate personnel, as required.
* Orders supplies as needed.
* Assembles and mails packets for new patients.
* Assists in maintaining orderly appearance of the office area.
* Gathers data for monthly statistical reporting.
* Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision,
values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the
organization's policies & procedures, and compliance
* Performs other duties as assigned.
General Requirements None Work Experience Minimum 1-year medical
receptionist experience Education High school diploma or GED
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Knowledge and understanding of the
outpatient registration function Typing and computer skills
necessary for the creation and compilation of various departmental
records and documents Interpersonal skills necessary to provide
courteous and accurate information, on the phone and in person, to
Hospital personnel, physicians, patients, families, and insurance
company representatives Organizational skills to prioritize work
flow and maintain patient records and files Mental ability to work
on tasks requiring accuracy and attention to detail, adapt and
respond to multiple priorities and demands, deal with the concerns
of patients and their families Physical ability to properly operate
required office equipment and occasionally assist transport
wheelchair bound patients to a room Demonstrates ability to use a
keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the
job Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SEH-MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST, Administration, Clerical , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!