Company: Community Action Agency
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Overview:Assist the teacher in implementing a preschool
classroom in compliance with Head Start, GSRP and Michigan
Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) licensing
requirements, Agency Policies and Procedures with minimal direction
from supervisor. Work closely with program staff and community
partners to fulfill the objectives of the Program and
Agency.Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability during workday and
throughout the year due to staff changes and program
- Work cooperatively with all team members, including community
- Participates in team meetings, case conferences, education
plans and IEP meetings.
- Participate in Agency and community trainings.
- Understand the confidential nature of the work involved and
treat information gained accordingly.
- Assist team members with completion of all required Agency
paperwork in a timely and accurate manner per program
- Work cooperatively with team members to promote parent
participation in all program areas. Work as a team in planning,
organizing and implementing family engagement activities with a
possibility of evening functions.
- Supervise children at all times, always using a calm voice in a
patient and approachable manner; maintain and communicate accurate
count throughout the day with team members.
- Represent the Agency in a professional and positive manner in
all settings including social media.
- Establish a developmentally appropriate and culturally
responsive classroom environment, which fosters the child's
development according to Creative Curriculum, NAEYC, PQA and CLASS
- Work as a team in sharing responsibility for cleaning and
organizing the classroom.
- Work as a team in individualizing for children and implementing
- Work as a team in aiding children in toileting and changing of
- Work as a team in assessing children using the assessment
system, data implementation and ongoing documentation.
- Develop a positive and respectful relationship with children
taking into account developmental levels. Able to individualize
using data from observations and assessment.
- Work as a team in planning, organizing and implementing family
engagement activities with a possibility of evening functions.
- Sit with children during meal times and model good nutritional
habits including family style serving, manners and conversation.
Staff are expected to participate and eat with children.
- Be available for other job-related tasks as requested by
supervisor.Other Hiring Contingencies: Must be able to pass all
required background checks. Show proof of a physical exam signed by
a licensed physician that declares, to the best of the physician's
knowledge, the physical capability of the staff member to perform
the essential duties required or obtain a physical through CAA's
provider. A negative TB test within the last 12 months or before
starting position.Training: All staff will participate in
professional development training and ongoing CAA trainings as
deemed appropriate by their supervisor.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It
is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this position. Employee may perform
other related duties as assigned by the supervisor to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
- Education: Associates degree in Early Childhood Education and
or age appropriate CDA.
- Work Experience: One (1) year experience working with children
in a preschool classroom setting.
- Transportation: Must have reliable transportation throughout
- Basic Skills: Must be competent in reading, mathematical,
verbal and written communication skills. Must be computer literate
and able to demonstrate computer skills. Knowledge of community
resources, organizational and time management skills; ability to
work cooperatively in a team approach.
- Problem solving, Decision Making and Interpersonal Skills:
Independent judgement to complete routine tasks. Establish and
maintain positive relationships with people of all economic levels,
cultures and capabilities. Ability to mediate and diffuse difficult
- Physical and Mental Capabilities: Ability to go into classrooms
and home situations and operate in a non-handicap accessible
environment in all types of weather. Must be able to participate in
classroom activities, which includes bending, stooping, squatting,
walking, lifting (50 pounds, or more at times) and walking at a
brisk pace and ability to run, (must be able to chase children),
ability to work in an environment with elevated noise level.
Keywords: Community Action Agency, Lansing , Teacher Assistant, Education / Teaching , Hillsdale, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!