Company: Transdev North America, Inc
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Overview:Mechanic needed in Lansing, MI!Do you like fixing
things? Do you like working on vehicles?Join Transdev in Lansing,
Michigan and become a part of the largest private-sector operator
of transportation in North America -- one that cares about it's
employees, passengers, and the communities they serve. Our
mechanics maintain a fleet of minivans and buses.Why Work with
- Wages starting at $16.00 an hour and up depending
- Wage increase dependent upon certifications and experience
- We offer flexible shifts
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental,
vision, and life
- Training and development
- Career advancement opportunities How we are keeping our
employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines.
- Enhanced vehicle and facility cleaning/disinfecting measures
with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas.
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, and gloves).
- Social Distancing Enforced.Responsibilities:
- A Mechanic performs routine maintenance on equipment and
determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- They also conduct tests and inspections of products or
processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Installs equipment, engines, hoses, batteries, tires,
wheels/brakes, HVAC, wiring, etc., or programs to meet
- Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure
equipment is working properly.
- Service, repairs, adjusts, and tests machines, devices, moving
parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and having driven for at least
- High school diploma or equivalent. Years of qualified job
history can be substituted.
- Must have a chauffeur's license and the ability to obtain a CDL
with passenger endorsement within 90 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into Maintenance
- Interest in the maintenance of vehicles.
- Dependable individual.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to pass a DOT examination, background check, motor
vehicle report, and a drug test.
- Driver's license in good standing.Physical Demands: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- 80% of work is accomplished in an open garage facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and smelling.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- May be exposed to chemicals, you have access to safety
- Can be exposed to the weather at any time and in all
conditions.If you have any questions, please contact us.About
Transdev: Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest
private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North
America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle
services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of
cities and transit authorities through quality execution and
innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a
leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17
countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect
to what they care about in their cities. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion or other legally protected status, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law.EEO is the
Law Poster: Drug free workplaceIf based in the United States,
applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for
any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and
Keywords: Transdev North America, Inc, Lansing , Mechanic, Engineering , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!