Company: Fast Switch
Location: Michigan Center
Posted on: September 20, 2022
01st September, 2022
Project Engineer III #878622
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work
environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the
place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of
exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal
best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their
skills for career advancement.
Located within the Gas Compression Engineering department,
Electrical and I&C Engineering (EI&C) engineering is
responsible for the engineering deliverables for both modifications
and new construction projects concerning the natural gas
compression fleet. EI&C Engineering works closely with project
managers, engineers of all disciplines, plant engineers,
environmental engineers, plant operations and maintenance
personnel, outage managers, construction managers, architectural &
engineering firms, contracted labor, and vendor representatives to
ensure quality projects are completed safely, on time, and on
Employees in this department provide leadership, sound engineering
judgement, organizational skills and clear communication to
coordinate successful completion of a project.
- Planning, design, construction, and maintenance of Natural Gas
compression stations, as well as facilities and ancillary support
process for all utility operations.
- Duties, and who this individual report to, will fluctuate
- Individual possesses the skills to lead, problem solve, and
work well in a team environment.
- Individual should exemplify safe work practices and follow the
company's compliance standards.
- Lead and/or assist with engineering projects to include design,
plans, inspections, system planning, specifications, reports,
environmental impacts, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates,
data collection, construction observation, and field
- Provide engineering services with accuracy, integrating all
applicable governmental and company laws, standards and procedures
on time and under budget.
- Understand and follow company established standard procedures
for file structure and standard drawing procedures for
- Become familiar with plans, drawings and specifications, and
related material for each project and be able to utilize the
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills to
provide technical expertise to coworkers and clients.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical
- Serve as onsite engineering project representative.
- Review operating and construction sites to monitor progress and
other duties per the design documents.
Skills / Experience
- At least 5 years of EI&C engineering experience (Electrical
or I&C is acceptable)
- Knowledgeable of the design, construction, or operation of
Industrial facilities and/or gas compressor stations.
- Experience in procurement of engineered material, equipment,
and professional services.
- Experience in coordinating and developing contract documents,
specifically engineering drawings and technical specifications, for
both consulting and construction services.
- Self-motivation, analytical, communication and interpersonal,
leadership, organizational, problem solving, and
- The individual must also exhibit willingness, and the ability,
to accept and adapt to changing priorities due to emergent work or
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering degree from an
ABET accredited program as set forth in the Engineers Council for
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We
come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find
their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra.
We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have
a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain,
old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that
is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative
and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about
every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do
them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit
options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary)
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by
the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
To view all of our open positions go to:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook:
Keywords: Fast Switch, Lansing , Project Engineer, Engineering , Michigan Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!