AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP TECHNICIAN
Company: LaFontaine CDJR of Lansing with Body Shop
Posted on: November 26, 2022
AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP TECHNICIAN -Are you interested in joining a
growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: The Body Shop Technician repairs damaged body
parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and
dealership specifications using hand tools and power tools. THE
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. -
Ability to speak effectively and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, insurance representatives
and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. -
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to work Full-Time
- Have a desire to learn and advance to full body technician
status. Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
- Current, valid driver's license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle
- Must retain quality and certifications to qualify.Education and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 17 Required classes. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window
and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle
body and fenders.
- Position dolly block against surface of dented area and beat
opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position using wrenches or
- Straighten bent automobile frames using a pneumatic
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and
- Refinish repaired surface using paint spray gun and
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.Physical
- Frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.THE
COMPANY: LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and
nationally recognized automotive dealership of over 40 years with
51 retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 29 Michigan locations
and 2,100 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named
Michigan's fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine
Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family
and where people come before the bottom line. It's a welcoming
place where you can build a career and will find the tools and
support needed to take your career to new heights.Our Mission: -To
Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience. -Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, Passion LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
opportunity employer. TIER1
Keywords: LaFontaine CDJR of Lansing with Body Shop, Lansing , AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP TECHNICIAN, Engineering , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!