Sr Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
I: JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Network Engineer will deliver network infrastructure and
operations services and expertise to continually improve, align,
and integrate processes and technologies across Emergent. They will
focus on advancing the IT strategy in alignment with business
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for identifying,
prioritizing, and resolving critical network related issues that
impact business operations. In addition, the engineer proactively
seeks to communicate solutions to network related issues and
preferred emerging technologies that can be used to improve the
overall health of the company network
* Assist in the design, operation and maintenance of the IT network
infrastructure, including switches, routers, monitoring, wireless,
unified communications, video conferencing, and WAN management in a
hybrid Cisco/VMware/Microsoft environment
* Assist in the development of as-is / to-be IT network
infrastructure road maps.
* Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and operations of
all network access controls (NAC), support of the Cisco Identity
Services Engine (ISE), and VMware NSX virtual network in accordance
with IT Security guidelines.
* Develop, deploy, and monitor adherence to network infrastructure
processes such as Asset Management, event log management, change
and release management etc.
* Make network technology solution, hardware recommendation, test,
install, and maintain all networking devices.
* Forecast infrastructure resource requirements for IT
* Interpret audit findings and work with system administrators and
developers to resolve open issues.
* Perform planning and execution of scheduled changes including
developing and following written change installation
* Troubleshoots and resolves all issues impacting the global
* Proactively communicates the status, plan of action(s), and
resolution(s) of issues
* Monitors and reports the performance of network components
against KPIs and takes preemptive measures to minimize
* Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving
the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and
* Assists in the evaluation of new technologies and platforms to
determine whether their applicability aligns with businesses needs
and the strategic direction of the company
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* 10+ years of experience with designing, maintaining, recovering,
and supporting network environments.
* Develop as-is / to-be IT Infrastructure documentation
* Experience with VMware NSX is a plus
* Experience building, deploying, supporting, and updating network
* System Administration skills including sizing, building, racking,
configuring, operating and tuning performance of network HW.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills - able to
understand, clearly communicate and educate other members of the
organization on technical manuals, software
* Proven ability to resolve problems in a timely and proactive
* Proven ability to interact with customer and team members in a
positive, results-oriented, professional fashion.
* Demonstrated ability to adhere to, develop, and improve IT
* Able to identify, prioritize, and solve complex network-related
* Able to work in a complex and dynamic environment
* Poise under pressure and comfort with ambiguity
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IV: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand,
walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder,
hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, lift/carry 50lbs, and pull
50lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, copier, and hand tools.
Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise
measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate,
prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents.
Work in multiple locations
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Lansing , Sr Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!