Food and Nutrition Manager ROOM SERVICE
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
General Purpose of Job:
Oversees all aspects of food and service as it pertains to the Room
Service program at Sparrow's main campus, as well as the St.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Take ownership of all aspects of Room Service, including
scheduling, staffing, food production (in conjunction with chefs
and supervisors), customer service, financial perofrmance, safety
- Demonstrate and encourage exceptional internal and external
customer service through all phases of Room Service.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels for: Room Service
Supervisors, Room Service Representatives/Call Center staff, Room
Service Staff (dish room, meal servers), Specialists, Room Service
Cooks (in conjunction with the Executive Chef), including hiring,
training, scheduling, evaluation and discipline.
- Use evidence based best practices to guide the continuous
evaluation and improvement of the Room Service Program
- Monitor performance of all Room Service related Caregivers,
providing education and coaching as required
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Guide diatetic interns through all aspects of their program
- Function as the key liaison between FANS and Nursing units in
regard to patient care concerns and issues.
- Coordinate with Retail Manager, Clinical Nutrition Manager,
Executive Chef and Director to ensure consistant high quality
service throughout the department.
- Utilize a proactive approach to leadership and
- Provide constructive feedback
- Maintain hospital standards through speech and action, leading
by example to support and demonstrate ICARE Values.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards
- Initiate and oversee equipment repairs
• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right
to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and
procedures. • Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior
(Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). •
Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers,
patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is
inclusive, welcoming and respectful. • Adheres to established best
practices (i.e. Rounding, Thank You Notes, AIDET, etc.). •
Demonstrates commitment to safety by establishing an environment in
which safety issues are promptly reported and appropriate actions
are taken. • Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid,
prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases.
• Five years food service experience with demonstrated progressive
responsibility, including high volume food management and
production • Two years managing a union workforce. • Food
Production Experience Preferred. • Recipe development and costing.
Preferred. • Working knowledge of clinical nutrition practices.
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Dietetics or Nutrition. • Current
Servsafe certification • Allergen Awareness training
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• Fluent ability to utilize CBORD, Microsoft Word, Excel and
Outlook, EPIC • Demonstrated critical thinking, organizational and
time management skills. • Commitment to quality food and service •
Proactive approach to problem solving • Willingness to take
ownership of projects and assignments, with demonstrated commitment
to follow through • Proven ability to motivate self and others •
Demonstrated knowledge of food and labor cost control • Ability to
maintain composure when busy and during times of increased stress •
Attention to detail • Demonstrated ability to listen, give and take
direction, as well as respond productively to constructive
criticism • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills •
Proven ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships •
Extensive knowledge of food allergens and special diets •
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff effectively to meet
department goals • Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be
required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , Food and Nutrition Manager ROOM SERVICE, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!