Kitchen Manager - Bostons Pizza
Company: IC, KJ, & BP Restaurants
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionBoston's Pizza and Sports Bar
- Boston's is a full service restaurant specializing in scratch
made pizzas, craft cocktails, and local beers.
- We have a family-friendly restaurant and a lively sports bar,
plus a patio!
- Boston's is the place for every occasion with our approachable
atmosphere, craveable menu and fun & seamless service.
- We have a fun, friendly atmosphere and an enthusiastic crew. We
are passionate about providing Guests with the best experience
- We take food seriously yet have fun preparing and serving it.
Our company has a bright and exciting future, we are committed to
your growth and development as part of the Team.Job Summary
- The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the day to day
operations of Boston Pizza Restaurant & Sports Bar's kitchen, under
the direction of the General Manager. This includes conducting the
affairs of business in regards to the kitchen, the purchasing,
receiving and preparation of all food items, according to company
policies and practices, the staffing and scheduling of the kitchen
team, and the on-going training, supervision and development team
- Ensure that all products received meet Boston's specification,
invoiced correctly in respect to quantity, quality and ensures that
all products are properly dated, rotated and stored.
- Ensure that all products or menu items are prepared in
accordance with Boston's standards ensuring a high quality product
presentation at all times.
- Maintain control over food and labor costs and other kitchen
related operating expenses.
- Hire, train and develop supervisors and employees to ensure a
complete understanding of all needs within the restaurant. (Guest
experience, building the brand, and profitability).
- Accurately develop employee schedules to ensure appropriate
coverage based on projected / actual sales volume.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure the in-store training
team has all needed supplies to properly train new employees.
Employee orientations are complete with the appropriate paperwork,
training schedules and job expectations are set.
- All approved changes to the menu or promotions are communicated
to the team and effectively implemented.
- Purchase approved products and supplies in the amounts needed
to support the level of business expected. Ensure the quality,
quantity and handling of all products is in accordance with BPR
- Ensure the standard recipes and methods are used at all times
to ensure consistency and efficiency for all menu items. Proper
assembly and plating procedures must be adhered to.
- The health and safety of our Guests is a priority. Cleanliness
of the inside and outside of the restaurant must be adhered to in
accordance with Boston's and local health department
- Proper practices must be in place to ensure food safety.
Controlling time and temperature throughout the flow of food,
practicing good personal hygiene and preventing
- Understand what the industry trends are, passing along anything
learned to the Franchisee that may better the brand.
- Pursue methods to increase sales through the use of promotions,
local advertising, and increased average sales per guest and
- National and local promotions are well planned and employees
are properly trained to effectively promote to the
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Prefer prior hotel or restaurant management or similar
discipline. Will accept a combination of relevant work experience,
courses and certifications.
- Preferred minimum 1 year progressive experience in a restaurant
- Proven leader within a restaurant environment with the ability
to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their
- Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in
- Excellent project management skills from conception to
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to
- Ability to formulate flexible strategies and actions plans to
- Ability to function independently and intuitively in a
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to
prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and
- Demonstrated creativity and sound business judgement.
- Advanced computer skills that include proficiency with
Microsoft Office applications and a POS system a plus.
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Family Medical Leave
- Meal Discounts
- Opportunity for AdvancementPowered by JazzHR6dVvxCjIQF
Keywords: IC, KJ, & BP Restaurants, Lansing , Kitchen Manager - Bostons Pizza, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!