Retail Assistant Manager (Ops)
Posted on: September 21, 2022
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The
Talbots Operations Manager (OM) partners with the General Manager
or Store Manager (the "Manager") to lead the team in creating a
hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The OM
is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences
enabling the team to create individual experiences for our
customers and build enduring relationships. In partnership with the
Manager, the OM is responsible for driving the business forward
specifically as it relates to merchandising principles, store
systems and other operational activities.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating
exceptional customer experiences.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both
the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent operational standards through coaching,
training and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of
integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make
decisions independently. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect
for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an
employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Sales Associates based on
their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes
onboarding new talent, driving key performance indicators, managing
inventory, visual merchandising, etc.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates
are held accountable and proud to
- uphold the same standards, policies and procedures. Provide
coaching and feedback when necessary and address
performance/disciplinary action when required. Business Acumen:
- Stay abreast of the business and key business drivers to
strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and
ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Analyze store reports to optimize payroll and control
- Understand the appropriate balance needed between operational
and selling energy at various times of the month and assist the
Manager in proper planning/scheduling. Operations:
- Lead all areas of operational excellence.
- Work in partnership with the Manager to manage and control all
- Educate, train and reinforce brand standards and company
policies and procedures.
- Maintain store specific information found online including
store hours, phone number, address, etc.
- Act as store lead and liaison for all store systems: VOIP, POS,
handheld devices, etc.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the
needs of the business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local,
state, and federal employment laws. Creating the Customer
- Capable of creating a selling culture where all associates
align around the needs of our customers.
- Willing to assist customers and/or support team as needed to
create an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that
support a productive work environment.
- Clearly communicate store information, brand initiatives and
other pertinent information in order to better enhance the customer
- Professionally represent the Talbots brand image and ensure all
associates meet same standards. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two or more years of specialty retailing experience preferred
with emphasis on store operations. One year of leadership
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a
flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about
in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping,
climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching,
- reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting
objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate
computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of
- High school degree required. College degree preferred. Note:
This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Keywords: Talbots, Lansing , Retail Assistant Manager (Ops), Executive , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!