Associate Project Manager
Company: Fast Switch
Location: Michigan Center
Posted on: September 22, 2022
23rd August, 2022
Associate Project Manager #887535
- Guides and coaches the team to follow Agile/Scrum practices
including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, code reviews,
and appropriate decision making methods.
- Guides and coaches the team to become self-organized and
- Helps the team assess their 'Scrum Maturity' and higher levels
of maturity including the establishment of a target velocity and
- Manages and prioritizes the product backlog and resolves
impediments that interfere with sprint schedules.
- Is responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Owners
and Business Partners on Agile/Scrum practices.
Assist in the management of various business and system related
projects of a highly complex nature. These projects could be
technical or functional in nature; most often, they are
cross-departmental. Manage portions of these projects or smaller
projects in their entirety. Support Corporate Business Units (CBU)
and the Information Technology (I/T) Department in achievement of
their strategic goals by assisting in the timely and cost effective
delivery of all projects with a professional, motivated, customer
focused, and winning manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Planning: Assists and/or lead in the project planning
function, including the requirements, design, construction,
testing, acceptance, implementation and post-implementation review
of project deliverables. Assess and deliver appropriate project
teams comprising of various IT, business and Vendor resources.
Prepare needs statement for additional, non-HAP personnel.
- Assists in the definition and negotiation of Project Scope and
- Assists in the identification of costs and benefits of the
- Assists in the planning and staffing of projects.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of user training related
to the project's implementation.
- Assists in the documentation and communication of process
models, project scope, deliverables and commitments.
- Assists/or lead on all of the above items on portion for large
project or small project
- Project Execution: Assist with and/or lead projects or phases
of large projects to a successful conclusion. Manage Project Teams
and ensure that project resources are utilized in an effective and
efficient manner. Ensure Partnership Agreements are met or exceeded
via the facilitation and resolution of barriers prohibiting the
progress on projects by fostering creative, win-win solutions.
- Produce project status reports, time lines, budget reports, and
- Monitor progress, change control, issue resolution.
- Manage scope change, issue resolution, and negotiate change in
- Ensure appropriate documentation for user manuals, training
- Provide feedback to line manager on team member
- Provide post implementation support.
- Provide post implementation project review.
- Project Management Process Ownership: Recommend and implement
process changes to increase project and Corporate Program
Management Office (CPMO) execution performance. Ensure leadership
and internal and external resources assigned to projects learn and
practice HAP's Project Management Methodology.
- Customer Service: Partner with management to champion projects
that support HAP's Strategic Vision. Ensure that all support and
services delivered to the customers are completed with high
quality, appropriate functionality, and in a timely cost effective
manner. Ensure that all projects meet or exceed commitments made to
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of
academic requirements. Related experience is defined as six (6)
years of experience within IT, and/or Project Management.
- Two (2) years of project management experience in running
projects that impact people, process, or technology.
- Three (3) years of information systems experience in computer
related areas such as network, internet, intranet and client server
application development, including new product implementation.
- Additional experience in Project Management, Risk Management,
Customer Service, Project/Resource Planning, Metrics Reporting with
exposure to other Information Technology activities such as Systems
Design, Application Development, Web Design or Client Server
- One (1) years of managed care/insurance related business
- Firm commitment to pursue Project Management Institute
Certification within two (2) years.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities,
standards and behaviors as outlined in the Customer Service Policy
and summarized below:
- Respect Must practice the customer skills as provided through
on-going training and in-services
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Be open to new learning experiences
- Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
- Demonstrates customer service values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust,
or extreme temperatures.
- Sedentary - Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human
body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or
standing for periods of time and typing.
- Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
- Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related
- Medical Insurance
- Agile PDM
- Application Development
- Managed Care
- Product Implementation
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Project Manager
- Risk Management
- Self Directed
- Systems Design
- Change Control
- Customer Service Oriented
- Microsoft Word
- Project Planning
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We
come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find
their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra.
We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have
a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain,
old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that
is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative
and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about
every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do
them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit
options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary)
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by
the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,
2020 and 2021!
To view all of our open positions go to:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook:
Keywords: Fast Switch, Lansing , Associate Project Manager, Executive , Michigan Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!