Engineering Project Manager (Entry-Level)
Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Engineering Project Manager (Entry-Level)
As our Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for for
evaluating business feasibility of various new programs. Works with
internal and customers to develop project scope of work documents,
project plans (timing) with cost to provide formal customer quote
or business case.
You will also be involved with leading and directing our
engineering teams to achieve productivity targets and minimize
engineering investment to bring solutions to market on time and
with stated objective.
Hybrid Schedule: 2 days onsite per week.
The Shyft Group: Our Story ---- https://bit.ly/Shyft_Our_Story
Charlotte, MI - Cost of Living Data via ERi ----
Charlotte, MI - Live, Shop, Experience via micharlotte.org ----
Best of Charlotte, MI (2022) via TripAdvisor ----
Spartan RV Chassis - Product Resources and Brochures ----
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and guide program/project teams to successfully achieve
project objectives with delivery dates that support current
- Provides team leadership on individual projects. Assigns and
checks work. Provides effective input hiring and evaluating team
- Uses program/project management skills to manage
project/program roles, identify resource requirements, meet
training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer
satisfaction and reporting structures and ensure quality of
- Identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project
and manages the system development process.
- At times, recommends innovation suppliers. May direct the work
of third-party engineering firms to coordinate in a partnership
relationship joint development on Spartan offered solutions.
- Coordinate product launch schedule with identified
representatives from affected departments and suppliers (Including:
Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Customer
Service at a minimum).
- Perform and manage program communication across all levels and
areas of the organization to ensure the appropriate parties are
receiving information necessary to the project and the
- Effectively manage projects/programs such that all requirements
for cost, schedule, scope and quality are being met. Track
engineering team hours and cost allocations to individual projects
to ensure quoted costs for the project are met.
- Prioritize work to ensure tasks are completed in the correct
sequence for program success
- Proactively manage obstacles both internal and external to the
program in an organized and process driven fashion.
- Ensure that maximum value is derived from all program
management deliverables by maintaining the correct balance between
efficiency and quality.
- Establish and maintain project/program metrics.
- Assure open issues are tracked with action plans including
timing and responsibility to move them to resolution.
- Assure program file is set-up and maintained throughout the
life of the program.
- Define, maintain and monitor supporting business case for
- Follow established organization policies, processes and
practices at all times.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities related to program
management for multiple active projects/programs with no
detrimental impact to any individual project/program.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the Program Management
Model by drawing on experience and industry best practices to
augment, refine and if necessary, create organizational polices,
processes and practices.
- Continuously foster and actively engage in behaviors which
- Assure that highly qualified technical resources are in place
for all group functions.
- Assure members of the group are held accountable for both their
job performance and behavior consistent with The Shyft Group -
including taking the necessary disciplinary action if required.
(Engineers on the project report to their functional manager)
- Assure bill of material and design information produced by the
group is complete, accurate, and on-time and that design problems
are not repeated through the use of design guidelines and lessons
learned (Design Manuals).
- Assure program timelines, test plans and project files are
developed and tracked for all major projects, programs and that
group commitments are consistently met on-time.
- Work proactively to assure the program team is doing a great
job to ensure group is hitting targets and supporting both internal
and external customers, including but not limited to the prompt
resolution of production, field and customer concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related
- 6 months to 1+ years of project management, program management,
or engineering experience within the manufacturing sector
- High School Diploma with 5+ years' of program development
experience or 3+ years' of engineering program management
experience with technical leadership of cross-functional project
- Ensures adherence to effective process development
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bachelor of Science or Business related degree
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Project
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or
status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly and upfit for the
commercial, retail and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Blue Arc---, Utilimaster -, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag
-, Strobes-R-Us -, Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond---, and
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Lansing , Engineering Project Manager (Entry-Level), Executive , Charlotte, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!