Director Infrastructure Operations
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary The Director, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for delivering operational excellence across the infrastructure platform for the Emergent Global Network. This individual is responsible for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is global in scope and has direct accountability for the timeliness and quality of services that are provided by our staff's and third-party service providers. This individual will have day to day management responsibilities over the Infrastructure specialists and plan, delegate, and organize work assignments with staff. II: Responsibilites
- Manage day-to-day IT infrastructure activities involving Servers, (in globally distributed data centers), including Windows, VM, Exchange servers, Domain controllers, Storage Area Networks (SAN), backups, communication infrastructure (Unified communications) and network infrastructure (WAN/LAN/Internet).
- Ensure all IT Infrastructure assets are hardened, patched, secured, configured, maintained, and services are available per SLAs.
- In coordination with IT Security, proactively protect global IT Infrastructure against potential security vulnerabilities and threats.
- Develops and reports technology services metrics related to performance, availability, capacity, regulatory compliance, and organizational SLA's.
- Responsible for IT Infrastructure SOX and other GXP compliance efforts for infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots network related problem areas and malfunctions as needed to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services.
- Performs capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments (manufacturing, laboratory, PMO) to forecast future technology services requirements and guide long term network strategy.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology services related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance related concerns. Develops and implements best practices to reduce legal exposure of the enterprise.
- Ensure proper network connectivity of all sites, servers, workstations, telephone equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practice network services asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information. Schedules and oversees new and existing equipment, software, and hardware upgrades.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university or equivalent functional experience required.
- 10+ years minimum experience in the network infrastructure field, VMWare ESX, & Dell/EMC VxRail with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP or CCIE certifications preferred
- Microsoft Skype for Business experience required
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable network architectures, with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), VPN concentrators, firewalls, 802.11 wireless access points, and load balancers
- Deep understanding of multi-data center environments with data replication and VMWare recovery options for High Availability/Disaster Recovery
- Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as Cisco Call Manager, VoIP, DSL, BlueTooth, dial-up, and cable access desired.
- Proven ability to recruit and manage the required talent to perform the job duties as defined above
- Knowledge of VMWare Horizon, Workspace One and AirWatch systems preferred.
- Experience with network management tools such as NetBrain, Sniffer, Ethereal, Solarwinds Orion, Hyperic.
- Experience with security tools such as Cylance, Tenable, OpenDNS, etc.
- Previous experience with ITIL processes desirable
- Familiarity with procurement processes desirable.
- Experience in pharma/bio-defense/bio-science industry a plus.
- Team-oriented and places a high value on cross-functional participation, values diversity, consensus, is decisive, establishes trust, communicates proactively, embraces and fosters change
- Possess a strong sense of accountability and the ability to execute successfully in a complex and fast changing environment.
- Strong organization, time management, and execution skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including business clients, managers, Project Managers, subject matter experts (SME) and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and adapt to changes within a dynamic environment
- Be aware of his/her own strengths and challenges and have the desire to seek constructive feedback and self-develop
- Must be tenacious while maintaining integrity and trust
- Proven ability to resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to, develop, and improve infrastructure processes
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, lift/carry 50lbs, and pull 50lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, copier, and hand tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents. Work outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, ventilation needed, multiple locations, restricted access laboratory.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Lansing , Director Infrastructure Operations, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!