Cath Lab - RN - Assistant Department Manager
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: April 14, 2019
Position Title: Cath Lab - RN - Assistant Department ManagerCompany
Name: Sparrow Health SystemSector: Integrated Healthcare Delivery
SystemEntry Level: NO
Assistant Department Manager - Cath Lab
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose of Job:
Reports to the Manager of the Invasive Procedure Lab. Responsible
for the daily operation of all aspects of the Invasive
Procedure Lab. Acts as the focal point in the delivery of cost
effective, high quality, comprehensive services in the Invasive
* > >
* Empowered to coordinate all aspects of the invasive procedure lab
in the absence of the Departmental Manager.
* Participates in shared decision making.
* Exhibits a self-motivating attitude, work ethic and
responsibility to teamwork.
* Exhibits effective communication skills. Maintains two-way flow
of information to all caregivers.
* Stands out as a positive role model for Sparrow and the
* Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high
performance, teamwork and continual improvement of caregivers.
* > >
* Responsible for master staffing plan, including daily staffing,
room assignments, call schedule, holiday call rotation and vacation
requests for invasive procedure lab staff
* Creates weekly X-ray/ACT/Avox QA schedule.
* Reviews, corrects and verifies departmental payroll. Approves
payroll in the absence of the departmental manager. Reports all
discrepancies to the Departmental Manager or the Administrative
Director of the Heart & Vascular Center.
* Monitors daily individual performance of caregivers, identifies
issues, coaches and delivers disciplines as delegated appropriate
by Manager. Proficient in conflict management.
* Performs annual evaluations (VIP's) on assigned caregivers.
* Fluent in departmental processes, policies and procedures.
Capable in the execution of scheduling policies and makes decisions
regarding competing needs of physicians, resource availability
(room & staffing) and patient care needs. Is supportive of assigned
Charge RN and serves as a coach of scheduling policies.
* Plans and conducts staff meetings in conjunction with or in lieu
of the Departmental Manager. Reviews staff meeting minutes for
accuracy and emails to caregivers.
* Ensures all equipment is maintained and operational. Able to
troubleshoot various types of departmental equipment.
* Able to support patient care/procedures when needed with advanced
* > >
* Initiates and maintains customer relationships with physicians,
fellows, vendors, educators and students.
* Assists in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
of the departmental operation/business plan.
* Participates in caregiver hiring, oversees orientation process
and provides input to the Departmental Manager and Administrative
Director of the Heart & Vascular Center regarding performance.
* Identifies the need for process improvements and assists in
implementations of the changes. Actively participates or delegates
to appropriate caregivers attendance of PI initiatives; D2B,
* In conjunction with the HAVC Management Team, is responsible for
keeping the Heart Program on the cutting edge of all new
modalities, technology, functions and equipment.
* > >
* Determines orientation and development needs of
caregivers.Communicates to management team ongoing educational
* Supports the development of self and other caregivers and
students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
* Accountable for professional development and maintaining required
licensure and certifications.
* Utilizes current evidence and research in practice
Job RequirementsGeneral Requirements * State of MI RN license
* Active Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Active Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Work Experience * Minimum of 2 years of invasive procedure lab
experience; ie cath lab, ep lab, special procedures or
* Previous management experience
Education * Bachelor Degree in Nursing
* Masters Degree in Nursing or Leadership preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills * Exhibits excellent interpersonal
skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and
* Proficient computer skills essential.
* Proficient in advanced EKG and hemodynamic interpretation.
* Proficient in all procedures done in the invasive procedure
* Ability to maintain equipment and resolve minor mechanical/IT
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following
link into your browser address bar:
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , Cath Lab - RN - Assistant Department Manager, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!