Business Development Manager
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications
infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth
connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s
leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline
carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and
professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides
customers with flexible solutions and self-service through
Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing
The Manager, Business Development (MBD) role is tasked with
developing, implementing, managing and closing dark fiber solutions
opportunities that increase/drive Infrastructure/Fiber Solutions
Complex Deal and Pursuit Assist
Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of fiber solutions.
Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations,
developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating
contracts with larger and more complex deals. Provide insight on
competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate
reporting in Salesforce.com. Success shall be measured based upon
overall sales performance against targets.
Drive Sales Results
Directly engaging the field sales teams and directors to lead sales
pursuits from opportunity identification through close. Role also
will drive sales results in accounts tied to strategic
partnerships. Through these efforts, MBD will be able to
demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter
over quarter for assigned territory.
Identify and pursue opportunities individually to partner with
utility, government, and education groups who require significant
infrastructure support including fiber construction support and may
also operate fiber networks in their respective territory. MBD will
drive development and support of strategy for leveraging
relationships with municipalities and large organizations for
conduit and fiber access.
Sales Enablement and Training
MBD is expected to be a subject matter expert on Dark Fiber network
in assigned territory on Infrastructure products, market landscape,
and going forward market strategy. MBD is tasked with both enabling
and driving sales team engagement through education, targeting
support, executive level presentation and other tools and methods
needed to support the Fiber Solutions organization success in
attaining their assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, core
customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive
differentiators and value proposition.
* Lead and support role in closing dark fiber solution and private
dedicated network sales in their region, working with Regional
Fiber Solutions Business and Sales teams.
* Ability to create/consult on solutions for customers needing
guidance for their application landscape.
* Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization
(C-Level and VP/Director level).
* Demonstrated ability to work through regulated companies
procedures to contract for Infrastructure services.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and negotiate options to sell
and/or exchange through asset trade opportunities.
* Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting
* Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, finance, or
economics or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 8+ years sales, product management, account management,
or sales engineering experience including working knowledge of
business customer applications in dark fiber, fiber optic
construction, and network services.
* Solid understanding of the colocation and data center
* Good understanding of the regulated industry (government,
utilities) process to contract services.
* Solid understanding of the Dark Fiber Services (Dark Fiber,
Co-location, Private Dedicated Networks, and Fiber Construction
* Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and
strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this
* Understand the fiber business and have worked on fiber lease or
IRU contracts in the past.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional
teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising
sales teams on proper systems and process.
* Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on
Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce is a
* Successful experience in account management role supporting large
* Experience working with referral partners and or sales
* Strong business acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
* Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve customer
issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate
* Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, Lansing , Business Development Manager, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!