Company: Barnes Group Inc
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Barnes Aerospace Lansing Division is seeking a dynamic
goal-oriented individual to play an integral role as the Quality
Manager. The ideal candidate will have career experiences leading
quality team members to meet the daily quality and productivity
goals, while maintaining a central focus on continuous improvements
and innovation in inspection processes. If you are a high-energy
individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this position
may be of interest to you.
* Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture
throughout the entire value chain through influence and managing
* Lead the translation of customer, industry, and regulatory into
appropriate manufacturing and inspection methods; and, transfer
them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and
* Manage pre-production validation package for Customer approval:
First Article Inspection (FAI) or Production Part Approval Process
* Ensure the centers of excellence and vendor's quality system
consistently meets or exceeds customer regulatory requirements,
AS-9100 Quality Management System, special processes, and other
customer specific requirements.
* Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive
actions (RCCA/CAPA); train and mentor other associates and
suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard
tools (8D, 3P and 5Why, etc.).
* Manage the quality metrics, cost of poor quality to achieve
business goals and optimize return on investment.
* Lead, participate in, and facilitate cross-functional teams on
process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve
first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement
projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, and Production Preparation
* Develop and refine advanced problem solving, process improvement
methods and toolkit; train employees as well as suppliers.
* Maintain strong communication with customers, internal management
team and vendors to ensure quality level is meeting
* Develop Capital Acquisition Appropriation Request (CAAR) to
support business needs.
* Manage, development and performance of direct reports.
* 10+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing environments
with a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully managing a
team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors; aerospace fabrications
* A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a
technically regulated manufacturing environment. Ability to
interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
* Extensive experience with full-scale APQP as it relates to new
product and source approvals.
* Working knowledge of AS9100.
* Experience leading administration of Quality Management System in
a technically regulated industry.
* Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent required; Black
Belt certification preferred.
* Certified Quality Manager or Certified Quality Engineer
* Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word,
Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Exceptional communication skills; ability to effectively convey
technical information to various stakeholders at all levels of the
* Bachelor's degree in engineering/technology required. Master
degree related field or MBA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Barnes Group Inc, Lansing , Quality Manager, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!