Software Development Manager
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The role of the Software Development Manager is to plan,
coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design,
development, and implementation of projects and technology
initiatives. This role is also responsible for fulfilling resource
requirements for projects, in conjunction with cross-functional
leaders. This role is a member of the Development team and reports
directly to the Development, Director or VP or CIO and EVP,
Technology. CNSI supports a high-volume healthcare data system that
is accessed through multiple web portals.
What you will do:
* Provide day-to-day management and supervision of Development team
and work independent of supervision from senior management.
* Manage the development process across multiple projects,
applications, and programs.
* Manage application and program development, development
processes, and people to ensure that the project and corporate
goals are met.
* Manage and plan deployment of development resources, plans and
schedules releases, and train and cross-train other members of the
* Responsible for managing development projects, development
iterations, and quality control on the assigned project.
* Support technology, functional, and management teams to make
product and solution decisions by collaborating with
cross-functional subject matter experts and Architecture team.
* Applies communication skills, problem-solving skills, and
knowledge of best practices to guide the Development team on issues
related to the design, development, and deployment of solutions and
* Enforce use of coding standards and best practices.
* Ensure a strong customer service focus across the application and
program development function.
* Sets attainable goals for team members to meet client and project
Who you are:
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree with 8 - 10 years of
software development experience (Preferred Majors: Computer
Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related
* 3+ years of management and development leadership experience at
large complex organizations, including leading centralized or
* Experience as a people manager.
* Experience with SDLC and STLC.
* Experience in the healthcare industry.
* Understanding of SharePoint applications, WebEx, Skype, etc.
* Knowledge/past working experience of:
* Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio, Project with a working
knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of
* Databases, including but not limited to, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2,
* Environment - Linux/Unix, Windows
* Frameworks - JSF/RichFaces, Hibernate/JPA, Seam, jQuery, Junit,
Bootstrap, Swing, Struts
* COTS - COGNOS, IBM Watson Analytics, Crystal Reports, CRM tools -
SIEBEL, Salesforce, IVR - AVAYA, inContact, Oracle E-Business
Suite, Document Management Tools, DataStage, PEGA, Oracle SOA,
DOC1, and EDIFECS (EDI)
* Object-Oriented Design, Functional Design, High-Availability,
* Good experience managing applications with continuous integration
tools (such as Jenkins, GitLab, Maven, Sonar).
We are proud to be a partner to the public sector, a trail blazer
in health IT and a passionate advocate for better health, better
care and lower costs for millions of Americans. Innovation is core
to our DNA and through our iCare program we invest in the
well-being of our employees and the communities in which we live
and work. You will be offered a solid compensation package which
* Annual and Other Paid Leave
* Medical/Dental Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
* Disability Insurance (Short & Long Term)
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* College Savings Plan
* Tuition & Training Assistance
* Paid Holidays
* Employee Referral Program
CNSI maintains a policy supporting equal employment opportunity.
Employment decisions at CNSI are made without regard for race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic status,
family responsibilities, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. We are
proud of our diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to
apply. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: CNSI, Lansing , Software Development Manager, Executive , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!