MGR ENV HEALTH & SAFETY
Company: Tecomet, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY The Health, Safety and Environmental
Manager will develop, plan, coordinate, and manage all health,
safety and environmental programs and their associated day to day
functions. Ensure Symmetry Medical Jet is in compliance with all
standards associated with the Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA). Conducts safety inspections, accident
investigations, safety training and ensures continued ISO 14001
certification along with compliance with applicable company
policies, local, state, and federal regulations. This position is
responsible for reviewing and managing risk avoidance regarding
Environment, Health and Safety. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create, prepare, distribute, enforce and maintain written
health, safety and environmental programs and policies
- Oversees the management, implementation and coordination of
safety program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, in
Illnesses, deaths, and financial losses; develops
accident-prevention and loss-control
- Manages the administration, planning, and development of the
worker's compensation insurance program and claim activities with
the Workers Compensation carrier.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of
the company facilities.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of
policies and procedures consistent with those of the company to
ensure efficient and safe operations of the company
- Assist with ISO Environmental audits for sister companies and
training of EMRs at other units as needed.
- Establishes and implements short-and long-range goals,
objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and
evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required
- Provides senior management with data necessary in order for the
Company to negotiate the most favorable and cost-effective coverage
worker's compensation insurance.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes
recommendations and/or takes action for correcting unsafe
conditions and actions.
- Leads and/or guides the company safety committee.
- Respond to accidents, injuries and incidents, conduct
investigation, provide appropriate reporting and maintain all
required records relating to workers compensation and OSHA
- Ensure all safety and environmental programs are meeting OSHA
and EPA standards.
- Facilitate, review and approval of changes in Risk
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of the MSDS
- Additional duties as requested by management. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIESNo direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external
customers and coworkers. EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCEBachelor's
degree from four-year College or university; or six to eight years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. LANUAGE SKILLSAbility to read, analyze
and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
MATHMATICAL SKILLSAbility to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITYAbility to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various
- Knowledge of various office equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Regulations
- OSHA and MIOSHA Regulations.
- Training techniques for skill development
- Basic spreadsheet skills, Microsoft project and Visio
- Must possess a high level of organization. CERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCertified Safety Professional, Industrial
Hygienist a plus PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. WORK
ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee
occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat,
and vibration. The noise level is usually loud. OTHER SKILLS AND
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
Keywords: Tecomet, Inc., Lansing , MGR ENV HEALTH & SAFETY, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!