Rehabilitation Care Technician
Company: Eaton County Health & Rehabilitation Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Provides specialized rehabilitation
nursing assistant care and assistance in meeting the physical,
emotional, and spiritual needs of the patient under the direct
supervision of the Rehabilitation Nurse. Respect and concern for
the patient's well being must be shown at all times. Completes
other duties as assigned by their supervisor.Principal Duties and
- Performs the following duties listed and others as required to
improve the standard of life for our patients. This list does not
include all duties required but to serve as a basis of
expectations. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified
at any time.
- Complete accuchecks.
- Complete Functional Maintenance Plans for each patient as
established by therapy.
- Complete blood draws once deemed competent by clinical
- Complete EKG's once deemed competent by clinical
- Complete all charting on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of fracture precautions.
- Positive attitude and behavior, negativity/gossiping will not
be tolerated in any form
- Encourage and support each patient.
- Encourage and support peers, supervisor, and others.
- Know patient therapy goals on a daily basis.
- Reinforce therapy teaching/goals.
- Work cooperatively with therapy as a team.
- Use appropriate communication to encourage patient
participation with therapy goals.
- Be able to work in a fast pace environment under stressful
- Participate in therapy group sessions as needed.
- Transports all patients to therapy for all scheduled therapy
- Reports to Rehabilitation Nurse any changes in patient's
physical or mental health and completes appropriate
- Responsible for feeding, bathing, dressing, moving, oral
hygiene, and providing of other physical needs of the patients in
accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Provides maximum patient care services within limits defined by
delegated tasks and maintains good housekeeping standards within
assigned duty areas.
- Responsible in keeping the facility clean, orderly, and
- Interacts with patients to determine their needs and provides
words of encouragement and support.
- Attends a minimum of 24 hours per year in-service and/or
training programs to remain current on changing State or Federal
requirements on Health Care, with 12 hours per year specifically in
- Maintain Public Relations.
- Provides services to our patients regardless to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual
preference, or source of payment.
- Observe and report health and maintenance problems to one's
- Maintaining equipment by proper use, cleaning, and reporting
equipment to be serviced.
- Staff members are expected to be clean and neat, and to adhere
to the uniform policy, including wearing of hair restraints when
- Monitors patient for any changes in skin condition/sensitivity,
pain during movements or other problem areas and reports same to
the Rehabilitation Nurse.
- Responsible for cleaning and trimming patient's fingernails and
toenails and reporting any podiatry needs to the Rehabilitation
- Completes patient's weights and designated re-weights.
- Assists with meals in the dining room and completes required
- Marks denture trays, eyeglasses, and razors of new
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in allocation of time resources and
- Distinguishes between low and high priority activities.
- Makes effective use of discretionary time.
- Required to take on-call shifts per the on-call RCT
- To perform job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Compliant Clinical Practices-Delivers care in an ethical and
- Competent Clinical Skills-Consistently performs tasks and
procedures safely, correctly and effectively to achieve optimal
- Communication-documentation is current, concise, meaningful,
and legible. Able to read and interpret written information.
Delivers clear verbal messages using appropriate grammar and
- Interpersonal Skills-Maintains confidentiality. Keeps emotions
- Customer Service-Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer
feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and
assistance. Meets commitments.
- Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment. Able to
deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork-Bypasses personal wants, when needed, for the good of
the whole. Shares in the work to achieve team goals. Supports
projects and extra duties as needed. Once team decisions are made,
supports them. Participates in giving feedback for performance
review as requested.
- Professionalism-Exhibits professional demeanor. Assesses own
strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development
opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Shares expertise with others.
- Teaching and Learning Initiative-Teaches and supports other
team members. Encourages team members to enhance competencies. Asks
for and offers help when needed. Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities. Is active in learning and applying new skills. Keeps
up to date on industry and professional trends.
- Time Management-Plans with the end in mind. Ensures clear
priorities. Uses appropriate resources to clarify and resolve
problems. Ensures deadlines are met. Is dependable.
- Attendance/Punctuality-Is consistently at work and on time.
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Quantity-Completes work in a timely manner.
- Process Improvement-Recognizes and communicates the opportunity
to improve. Analyzes problems and offers solutions using data.
Voluntarily assumes or seeks additional responsibilities.
- Reasoning ability-Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Responsible to assure the safety of the patients and staff
- Picking up unsafe items off the floor and wiping up
- Keeping fire exits clear.
- Making sure that patients and staff get help when needed.
- Removing all broken equipment from use and reporting same to
the maintenance department.
- Knowing the location of all emergency equipment and fire
- Following Fire and Tornado procedures.
- Report all incidents by completing an incident report.
- Following Infection Control Procedures:
- Keep work area clean.
- Collect and properly bag soiled items.
- Store supplies in appropriate areas.
- Frequently wash hands to prevent the transfer of infection and
- Practice universal precautions.
- Know, follow, and maintain facility isolation policy and
- May be exposed to patients with communicable diseases and
- Highly stressful and fast paced environment.
- Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes,
and pulls various equipment throughout the work day. Extended,
unusual, or mandated working hours when required.
- Lifting 50 + lbs. when assisting and/or reposition patients or
equipment.Qualifications:Must have a genuine interest in
rehabilitation. Must have the ability to cooperate with others and
use tact and patience in dealing with patients, their families, and
visitors. Ability to be flexible to meet changing demands as
necessitated by variations in the rehabilitation routine. Capable
to adapt to frequent changes in routine. Read and write English.
Able to do simple addition and subtraction. Able to competently
operate a mechanical lift.Experience: Previous experience as a
Patient Care Technician, Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist
preferred. Must be a current CENA with at least 1-year of full-time
experience.Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Must have successfully completed an in house Certified Nursing
Assistant educational/skills program or comparable accredited
program and maintained certification. Ability to comprehend
instructions, organize time, and complete tasks with minimal
supervision following normal training period. Ability to complete
computer charting and knowledge of basic computer skills are
required.Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to walk, climb stairs, push and/or pull patients and
equipment as required. Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts,
carries, pushes, and pulls various equipment throughout the work
day. This position requires the ability to perform the essential
functions described. These functions are not limited to the
following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to
otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of
these physical requirements.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Eaton County Health & Rehabilitation Services, Lansing , Rehabilitation Care Technician, Healthcare , Charlotte, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!