ED TECH/EMT - ED
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job ID: 34817 EMT - FULLTIME, PARTTIME AVAILABLE
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Preform all tasks designated by RN. Be accountable for all patient
care he/she provides. Promote and restore patient's health by
collaborating with the team members while adhering to all standards
of patient care, while providing physical and psychological support
to patients, friends, and families
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- In collaboration with the RN, assesses patient condition and
reports pertinent data of patient's condition to RN, Supervisor or
medical personal and initiates appropriate care according to
evidence-based policies and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the RN, develops an appropriate nursing
care plan according to evidence-based guidelines and
- Under the delegation of the RN, implements the nursing care
plan and engages in patient/family teaching.
- The Technician must have superb diagnostic and clinical skills.
Have the able to Identify life-threatening situations and
anticipate patient needs. Act calmly and rapidly during emergencies
and provide necessary resources for ED or trauma teams while
including team members in a collaborative approach.
- Assist the RN to quickly and effectively deal with any and all
potentially life threatening situations that may occur to increase
the likelihood of a positive patient outcome.
- Adhere to Sparrow Health System's established ED protocols for
obtaining and documentation of vital signs, administering of oxygen
therapies, ECG monitoring and 12 lead EKG testing. Preform C-spine
immobilization, Foley catheter initiation, maintenance and removal.
Preform BLS airway management including oral and nasal pharyngeal
airways and suctioning. Wound and burn skin care using aseptic
- Assist RN/Physician in procedure set up. Specimen collection
and transportation for laboratory testing and general care of
patients as outlined in Emergency Department established
- At the delegation of the RN; Performs diagnostic procedures and
initiates care in accordance with hospital policies and
- Document all patient care given, and patient responses to care
in the medical record appropriately.
- Provides BCLS including; CPR and procedures set forth by
Sparrow Health System and the department management team.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards.
Makes or recommends necessary adjustments by collaborating with
team members and multidisciplinary members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops. Review professional publications and
literature. Attending all required in-service, staff meetings, and
skills training as set by the manager.
- Ensure that Trauma Room areas are ready for critical situations
at all times. Ensures they are fully stocked and equipment checks
are complete, and that all equipment is fully operational.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of equipment and supplies and
maintains a safe work environment.
- Preform post-mortem care and transport.
- Exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills and have the ability to
prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal
- Display professionalism, compassion, and sound medical practice
when dealing with challenging situations.
* Valid EMT or Paramedic License in the State of Michigan *
Preferred - 1 year road experience as a EMT
* High School Diploma or GED * Preferred - Associates Degree.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate
with patients, families, physicians, and other Hospital Caregivers,
other Sparrow Regional Health System Caregivers, and external
agencies. * Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary
to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational,
safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients
serviced in her/his assigned service area as related to the
principle duties and responsibilities of the position. * The skills
and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through
education, training or experience. * Demonstrated competency for
administering 12 lead EKG,and Point of Care Testing. * Must be a
"self-starter" and assertively take on challenging responsibilities
and hold self ultimately accountable for results and performance. *
Preferred - EKG Rhythm interruption for transport. (Will provide
training if needed)
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Patient Services/Nursing Support
Degree Type / Education Level
High School / GED
Under 4 Years
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , ED TECH/EMT - ED, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!