Physician Assistant Fellow - Hospital Medicine - Sparrow Hospital
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Hospitalist opening in Lansing, Michigan. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Lansing, MI - Seeking Advanced Providers for Hospital Medicine
Fellowship Become a Valued Member of Your Hospital Medicine Team As
an Advanced Provider you play a critical role in improving the
level of care in the Hospitalist Department. As a graduate of our
Fellowship program, you will be a highly skilled, highly competent,
compassionate and efficient emergency medicine provider. At Vituity
we know the impact you can have. Join the Vituity Team. At Vituity,
our core values matter. We embody a Culture of Caring by
approaching every human interaction with compassion and heart. With
a Servant Leadership philosophy, we focus on what we can accomplish
when we put our patients and colleagues first. An Ownership
Mentality means we all have mutual accountability to drive positive
change for Vituity as a whole. Finally, our focus on Innovation
enables all of us to re-imagine healthcare and bring about lasting
change. Ultimately, we are unified around the common purpose of
transforming healthcare to improve lives, and we believe everyone
has a role to play in that. Help us shape the future of healthcare.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice
locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year.
With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with
you. The Opportunity
- 14-month post-graduate program designed to train PA's and NP's
utilizing didactic and clinical experience.
- The clinical training involves a series of rotations through
the hospital medicine teams, as well as 2-4 weeks rotations through
subspecialties including cardiology, neurology, emergency medicine,
infectious disease, critical care, nephrology,
hematology/oncology,endocrinology,and palliative care.
- During the HM rotations, fellows will work closely alongside
NCCPA-certified PAs, AANP/ANCC-certified NPs and board-certified or
board-eligible physicians who foster a positive
- Thedidactic training includes 4 hours per weekof clinical
education and discussion, including: Attending Rounds - daily
one-on-one meeting with supervising physician to review patients
and formulate care plans;Case Presentations - fellows present
topics of their choosing, highlighting clinical presentation,
disease process and treatment;Grand Rounds - bi-weekly cases
presented by internal medicine residents; Reading, Lecture and/or
Module Assignments - weekly assignments that correlate with
rotations to supplement clinical training and enhance retention;
Weekly to Biweekly Mentorship Discussion - one-on-one meeting with
faculty to review clinically relevant topics and documentation; and
Hospital Medicine Bootcamp - 3-day course that includes lectures
and morning report-style case presentations.
- Program was developed to meet the demand for highly skilled
advanced practice providers in the field and provide specialized
inpatient training to help providers make the transition from
academia to the workforce.
- This Fellowship utilizes didactic teaching, hands-on
clinicaltraining,and mentorship in a variety of internal medicine
subspecialties to provide fellows with a strong foundation to
practice safely,efficiently,and compassionately in the inpatient
- This is a paid fellowship with benefits and malpractice
insurance included. Required Experience and Competencies
- Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited PA program or NP program.
- Possess current MI Medical Board Licensure by start of
- PAs must be NCCPA certified by the start of the program. NPs
must be certified by either ANCC or AANP by the start of the
- Current certification in ACLS and BLS.
- Possess current DEA licensure by start of program.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after a second
shot of a two-dose vaccine of Pfizer or Moderna or after a
single-dose vaccine of Johnson & Johnson) or have an approved
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after a second
shot of a two-dose vaccine of Pfizer or Moderna or after a single-
dose vaccine of Johnson & Johnson) or have an approved exemption.
Application Process & Timeline
- Deadline for all materials: January 13, 2023.
- First day of training: July 15, 2023. Required materials to
submit in your online application:
- Preferred, but not required: Personal Statement addressing your
reasons for seeking Hospital Medicine Post Graduate Training; not
to exceed one, typed, single spaced page of 10-12 sized font.
- Please note that additional materials will be requested upon
submission of your application.
- Please note there is a $30 non-refundable application fee. The
Practice Sparrow Hospital - Lansing, Michigan
- A subsidiary of Sparrow Health System and affiliated with the
Colleges of Human Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine at nearby
Michigan State University.
- A 632-bed teaching hospital, Sparrow Hospital is the regional
center for cancer, trauma, pediatrics, orthopedics, neonatal
intensive care, and neurological care.
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in the area, making Sparrow
Hospital the region's top destination for critically ill and
- Michigan's first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, and 1
of only 20 nationwide. The Community
- The capital city of Michigan with access to plenty of museums,
restaurants, and other cultural venues.
- Affordable housing and exceptional schools make Lansing a great
place to raise a family.
- Rated #1 Best Affordable place to live in America in 2018, in
the Top 100 places to live in America in 2019, and in the top 40
safest places to retire in America in 2018! Benefits & Beyond
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits
package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your
needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior health plan options
- Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offers a $1.20
match for every dollar up to 6%
- Variety of Pre-Tax Savings Accounts including HSA, FSA,
Dependent Care and Commuter Benefits
- Time Off when you need it: Start with 4 weeks PTO annually and
increase to 6 weeks with tenure, plus generous sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Yearly annual cash bonus
- Professional Expense Reimbursement for medical staff dues,
states licenses, DEA license, and national recertification
- Up to $1,500 annual allowance for medical education courses and
- Student Loan Refinancing Options
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Free education opportunities for personal and professional
- Several wellness programs that focus on provider wellbeing and
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including
LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money
Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our
patients, communities, and employees. We are unified around the
common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we
believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we
work together across sites and specialties as an integrated
healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and
the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a
difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do
it. Come grow with us. Vituity appreciates differences; our
dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of
our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability, age, genetic information (including family medical
history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related
condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is
committed to complying with all applicable national, state and
local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.
Keyphrases: hospitalist jobs
Keywords: Vituity, Lansing , Physician Assistant Fellow - Hospital Medicine - Sparrow Hospital, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!