Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Company: Central State Community Services, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
*Summary* The LPN will be responsible for overseeing the medical
services provided to the group home residents and assuring that
adequate medical supplies are present in the home and for observing
and correcting staff medical procedures as necessary. Formally
recognizes the accomplishments of others when they display
character traits valued by the organization. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Central State Community Services,
Inc. embraces an employment environment that promotes Individuals'
recovery and discovery, a Person-Centered approach to
treatment/services and cultural competence. An employee in this or
any position is expected to support the employment environment.
Supervision: The LPN is immediately accountable to the Lead LPN for
carrying out the medical duties and will work the HS/AHS/CSS to
meet the medical related needs of each consumer. The LPN is
immediately accountable to the Lead LPN and HS/AHS for all Central
State policies and procedures. Support Team Participation:
* Will attend monthly client review meetings as scheduled.
* Will work closely with homes nurse consultant and act as liaison
between the nurse and home staff regarding medical needs of the
* Attend monthly medication reviews with the nurse consultant as
assigned by HS or AHS. Assigned Responsibilities:
* Coordination with Lead LPN, HS and/or AHS;
* Will coordinate emergency situations with Lead LPN, HS/AHS.
* Will assist Lead LPN, HS/AHS and nurse consultant in updating
staff regarding changes in resident's condition, treatment and
procedures related to medical needs in the home.
* Assist the Lead LPN, HS/AHS and dietician in notifying staff of
dietary changes as they occur in residents' health care plans/plans
of service. Medical duties:
* Write new medication/treatment as needed.
* Assure copies of current medication orders/prescriptions are
available in the residents' books and noted.
* Check all medication for necessary refills weekly, obtaining same
from pharmacy when necessary.
* Communicates information to on-coming staff regarding residents
physical condition, treatment and procedures related to medical
* Supervises new staff in the administration of medication and
* Monitor for accurate documentation of medication and
* Proper med/treatment given/done.
* All meds signed on each shift.
* Notify staff of treatments needed on each shift (ie: Fleet enema,
* Clean med trays weekly (daily if liquid medications are
* Be familiar with abbreviations used in medication book.
* Fill out pharmacy med order as required (per home) by date
specified. Check emergency medical supplies, standing medical
orders etc. and reorder as needed.
* Check dietary needs (promote or other liquid feeding; ensure;
puddings; etc.) and reorder as necessary.
* Assure adequate labels are on all medications.
* Will dispose of all discontinued meds/Tx as needed per CEI/CMH
* Consult with physician as necessary Residents condition:
* Monitor seizure records for frequency, adequate
* Monitor acute medical conditions.
* Monitor bowel movement, menses, weight and height charts.
* Monitor use of Standing Medical Orders.
* Observe for changes in T.P.R. and BP.
* Assist Lead LPN in making appointments with health care
* Accompany residents on medical appointment as necessary.
* Document in nurses log results of visits to health care provider
and monitor all other health visit record documentation.
* Monitor lab reports and inform DR/RN of health related
situations. Emergency Situations:
* Notifies Lead LPN, HS/AHS and nurse consultant of emergencies
according to the policy of each home.
* Assures that staff is aware of proper procedures.
* Document emergencies on incident report. Other:
* Assist consumer with all aspects of personal care.
* Lift, transfer, and when necessary to prevent injury, physically
* Accompany and supervise consumers in community events. Encourage
age appropriate, integrated social and recreational community
* Assure active treatment and implementation of individual programs
and physician's orders.
* Assure constant supervision of consumers to assure that they are
safe and do not wander from the home or yard.
* Observe, document and report unusual behavior.
* Maintain records and documentation as necessary and
* Perform any and all duties, tasks and responsibilities assigned
by the Lead LPN, PC, HS, AHS or Executive Director. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES No direct supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. In addition to Direct Care Worker position
* Current Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Individual with training and experience in the nursing field.
* Preference given to LPNs with a minimum of one year experience
working with persons needing nursing care, preferably with the
developmentally disabled. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Current
Practical Nurse License [LPN] CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Michigan driver's license is required as well as current
insurance as required by the State of Michigan. OTHER
QUALIFICATIONS A felony/misdemeanor background search with MILT and
IChat is performed. Searches of the Office of Investigator General
(OIG), Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS), the Sex
Offender Registry and the Nurse Aid Registry are also performed.
Results can affect employment status. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit. The employee is frequently is required to see,
talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk
and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust
focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Job Type: Full-time #LPN Job Type:
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Long term care
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability License/Certification:
* LPN (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Central State Community Services, Inc., Lansing , Licensed Practical Nurse LPN, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!