Supp Pool RN Level 1a
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The RN provides professional nursing services guided by the
Transformation Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing.
Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the
implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient
outcomes. A brief summary of the major duties and responsibilities
of the associate.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Empowered to coordinate clinical patient activities in the
absence of Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager.
* Participates in shared decision making.
* Care Delivery System-
* Assesses patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing
and/or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and
* Develops and updates an individualized, plan of care based on the
assessment of the patient in congruence with the medical diagnosis
and treatment plan. Collaborates with patient and their available
* Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness of
* Evaluates patient outcomes and response to care, revising plan as
needed. Documents assessment, plan, all care given and patient
response in the patient record.
* Educates patient/family according to assessed need using mutual
* Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
quality improvement activities within department, health system
* Performs nursing activities in accordance with Hospital policies
and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA Scope &
Standards of Practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and
appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient
* Provides a safe environment for patient, family, and all other
* Professional Growth-
* Supports the development of self and other Associates and
students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
* Accountable for professional development.
* Utilizes current evidence and research in practice.
* Collaborative Practice-
* Communicates appropriate significant information and changes in
patient's condition to members of the health care team.
* Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members
of the health care team, the patient and the patient's family.
* Delegates, directs and supervises implementation of care plan to
LPN, PCT, or other health care workers.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
General Requirements Basic Life Support Current Michigan license as
a Registered Nurse Work Experience Clinical knowledge and critical
thinking skills necessary to deliver quality patient care.
Education Associate degree in Nursing Bachelor's degree preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Interpersonal skills for effective
communication Computer literate
1 year Critical Care experience required.
You may hold this position with or without health insurance at the
part-time premium rates.
Commits to working in all units in 2 clusters. Minimum requirement
of 72 scheduled hours on weeeknd day shift per 4-week schedule.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Location: Sparrow Hospital
Activation Date: Thursday, July 7, 2022
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , Supp Pool RN Level 1a, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!