Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job ID:32429 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description
General Purpose of
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job: Provides direct nursing care for defined
patient population. Delivers safe, cost-effective, patient-centered
care in a timely, efficient and equitable manner. Contributes to
quality patient outcomes by assessing, planning, coordinating,
implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health
initially and on an ongoing basis as indicated. Prioritizes data
collection based on patient condition.
- Analyzes data to identify nursing diagnosis and patient
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
patient or situation. Modifies expected outcomes based on changes
in patient status.
- Develops a patient plan of care that prescribes strategies to
reach expected outcomes. Implements and coordinates care delivery
among the clinical disciplines and documents those
- Evaluates effectiveness of plan and interventions related to
patient responses and expected outcomes.
- Educates patients, families, significant others using methods
appropriate to the situation and considering patient's learning
needs, readiness to learn, and culture.
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Demonstrates
quality by documenting the application of nursing process in a
safe, accountable and ethical manner.
- Uses and integrates current research findings and other
evidence to maintain and demonstrate competency, enhance role
performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
Contributes to the professional development of peers and
- Provides age appropriate care in a culturally and ethically
sensitive manner using current research and other evidence as the
basis for patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, patient's family, and other
disciplines in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision,
values and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the
organization's policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines.
Uses the Code of Ethics for Nurses with interpretive statements to
guide professional practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Valid State of Michigan RN License * CPR/BCLS certification *
ACLS within six months * Completion of telemetry competency within
No experience required.
* Associate's degree in Nursing
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of nursing theory and techniques * Knowledge of
accrediting and regulatory standards and hospital policies related
to the provision of nursing care including HIPAA confidentiality
and TJC mandates * Written and computer skills necessary to prepare
required documentation * Interpersonal skills necessary to
effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and
health care professionals in the exchange of information. The
incumbent is also required to handle problem situations in a
tactful, courteous and respectful manner * Skills necessary to
provide guidance, training, prioritize and review the work of
assigned staff * Analytical ability to assess patient's progress
and to determine appropriate intervention based on nursing theory
and incorporation of patient and physician goals * Mental ability
to complete required documentation in a timely manner, deal with
the concerns and emotional needs of patients and their families,
and appropriately respond to stressful/emergency situations *
Physical ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, walk
extensively, transfer/lift/ reposition/assist patients, and
properly utilize the equipment/devices necessary in providing
prescribed care to patients
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected Veteran status.
Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership
Degree Type / Education Level
Sparrow Eaton Hospital
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SEH-REGISTERED NURSE, Healthcare , Charlotte, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!