RN - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job ID:36843 New Graduate and Experienced Nurses should apply for
Part & Full Time Opportunities at Sparrow
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The RN provides professional nursing services guided by the
Transformation Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing.
Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the
implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient
- Empowered to coordinate clinical patient activities in the
absence of Department Manager or Assistant Department
- Participates in shared decision making.
- Care Delivery System-
- Assesses patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing
and/or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and
- Develops and updates an individualized, plan of care based on
the assessment of the patient in congruence with the medical
diagnosis and treatment plan. Collaborates with patient and their
- Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness
of each patient.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and response to care, revising plan
as needed. Documents assessment, plan, all care given and patient
response in the patient record.
- Educates patient/family according to assessed need using mutual
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
quality improvement activities within department, health system
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with Hospital
policies and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA Scope
& Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and
appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient
- Provides a safe environment for patient, family, and all other
- Professional Growth-
- Supports the development of self and other Associates and
students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
- Accountable for professional development.
- Utilizes current evidence and research in practice.
- Collaborative Practice-
- Communicates appropriate significant information and changes in
patient's condition to members of the health care team.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members
of the health care team, the patient and the patient's
- Delegates, directs and supervises implementation of care plan
to LPN, PCT, or other health care workers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right
to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and
procedures. * Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior
(Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). *
Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our associates,
patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is
inclusive, welcoming and respectful. * Communicates with patients,
families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce,
Duration, Explanation, Thank). * Works in a safe manner and
promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or
related to assigned responsibilities.
Experience: * Clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills
necessary to deliver quality patient care.
* Associate degree in Nursing * AHA BLS certification upon hire *
AHA ACLS, AHA PALS, ENPC, TNCC certifications within 12 months of
hire * BSN Preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Skills & Abilities: * Interpersonal skills for effective
communication. * Computer literate
Sparrow's Emergency Department is a level one trauma center as well
as being a center of excellence for bariatric, stroke and cardiac
care. The ER has 4 trauma rooms as well as 62 private patient
rooms: 48 adult and 14 pediatric. These rooms are utilized for the
treatment of all kinds of injuries and conditions including: major
trauma, neuro, cardiac, pediatrics and high risk OB. The department
utilizes a 5 level triage system and advanced nursing guidelines to
help expedite patient care. The ER also has on site ER case
management RN's, SANE (sexual assault nurse examiner) RN's and
groundCritical Care Transport team. Recently re-designated as a
Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Sparrow's ER is committed
to providing quality care to every patient, every time.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership
Degree Type / Education Level
Under 4 Years
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , RN - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!