RN - SPARROW MARY FREE BED
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job ID:42290 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: The
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services for the
care and treatment of patients. The Registered Nurse assesses,
plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care in
rehabilitation according to Nursing Service department policies,
procedures, and standards. The Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
Scope and Standards of Rehabilitation Nursing Practice also guides
the Registered Nurse in providing patient care. Rehabilitation
nursing services are designed to prevent complications of physical
disability, restore optimal functioning, and help the individual
adapt to an altered life-style.
- Assess patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing and
/ or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and
- Develops a plan of care based upon the assessment of the
- Implements plan of care.
- Evaluates patient's response to care and updates care
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing,
planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient's care,
rehabilitation programs, and discharge plan.
- Modify assessment and management strategies based on
considerations of physical, functional, cultural, social, and
spiritual dimensions of human responses to actual and potential
- Provides a safe environment for patient and other
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients
and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote
adaptation to disability.
- Reinforce teaching done by other disciplinary team members
focusing on ADL's and mobility skills application.
- Coordinates all care given and team efforts on patient's behalf
in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Documents assessment, plan, all care given, and patient
response in the patient's record, with major emphasis on patient's
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care plan
to LPN, PCT or other health care workers.
- Assumes the mentor role for new associates and
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
program performance improvement activities.
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with hospital
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and
appropriate supplies used in the delivery for highest quality
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in nursing and
rehabilitation and provides evidence of clinical competency in
using the FIM instrument.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in inservices
and mandatory hospital / department requirements.
License / Certification: * Current Michigan RN licensure * Basic
Life Support from the American Heart Association within 60 days of
Experience: * One-year recent experience in rehabilitation nursing
Education: * Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Skills & Abilities: * Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities
necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans and deliver
appropriate care. * Interpersonal skills to effectively and
appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians,
other Sparrow Regional Health System Associates, and external
agencies. * Demonstrated FIM competency. (Functional Independence
Measure-Certified through Uniform Data System for Medical
This posting is for general RN opportunities at Sparrow Mary Free
Bed. We have a variety of full-time and part- time positions
On-call is required.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership
Degree Type / Education Level
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , RN - SPARROW MARY FREE BED, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!