Company: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Physical Therapist, PT Residential Home Health is a national leader of home care in both Michigan and Illinois and is ranked among the top home health companies in the United States for helping patients live better, recover faster, experience a higher quality of life and remain independent at home. Residential Home Health has been awarded a Top 100 Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for the past 7 years in row! View all of our openings at SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist is a qualified professional therapist who directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides Physical Therapy services to patients in the home as ordered by the attending physician. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Performs Physical Therapy assessments of patient functioning levels, plan short and long term goals toward improving/restoring independence and physical/cognitive functioning; and implements developed treatment programs, approved by the attending physician.
- Applies diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Treats patients to relieve pain and/or restore function to maintain maximum performance.
- Makes arrangements for out patient services, which cannot be given in the home.
- Records and reports to the physician the patients reaction to treatment and/or any changes of the patients condition.
- Instructs patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, and assistive devices (canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.).
- Instructs the family in the patients total physical therapy program.
- Supervises the physical therapy assistant, and, when appropriate the home health aide.
- Prepares periodic reports, as required by the Agency, which are sent to the physician and third party payers regarding care being provided.
- Participates in staff and Agency development activities.
- Participates in in-service, case conferences, and staff meetings as required.
- Maintains and updates professional competency through in-service attendance and similar professional resources.
- Prepares an assessment of the patients condition and periodic evaluations and summaries, develops a plan of care and problem list, and writes clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit and incorporates same in the patient record no less than weekly.
- Participates in the development and periodic revision of the physicians Plan of Care.
- Maintains adequate clinical and progress notes and submits all required paperwork in a timely manner according to Agency policy.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing physical therapy services, such as ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patient as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety and well being.
- Must be able to use good and sound clinical judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with doctors office, MARY FREE BED AT HOME clinical and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
- CPR certified. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association; or The Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association; or The Council on Medical Education of Hospitals for the American Medical Association;
- Must hold, in good standing, a license/registration as a Physical Therapist, issued by the State of Michigan.
- A minimum of one (1) year of institutional experience. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have and maintain a valid Michigan Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile. Must have and maintain in good standing professional license, certificate or registration.
Keywords: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice, Lansing , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!