Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit -
Posted on: November 17, 2018
We Are Hiring Title: Recreational TherapistCity, State: Southfield,MILocation: Providence Hospital - BU 34014Department: Psychiatric Nursing Unit 001Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating,WeeklyFlexibility with Weekend Rotation.Why Join Ascension? St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do Job Summary:The Recreational Therapist develops, evaluates and conducts therapeutic recreational therapy treatment programs. Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing recreational therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of recreational therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety environmental, infection control and all applicable regulatory compliance.
- Opportunities are provided for individual, small group, and large group participation. The program provides both regularly scheduled activities and special events and utilizes a wide variety of public and private community resources and services (if applicable).
- Assesses patient needs, problems, strengths and barriers and formulates and collaborates with multidisciplinary treatment team in developing treatment goals.
- Assists with discharge planning by conferring with multidisciplinary team with recommendations for follow-up therapy and/or equipment needs and instructing the patient and family as needed. Qualifications Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation required.Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited program required Work Experience:
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Experience in behavioral health preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationSt. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Lansing , Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit -, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!