Physical Therapist - Home Health
Company: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Job TitlePhysical Therapist - Home HealthLocationLansing, MI,
USAEmployee TypeEmployeeWorking Hours Per Week40Job Functional
1. Obtain patient's informed consent to treatment.
- Perform home safety/fall risk assessments and document
- Plan, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of
physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical
functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in
- Perform and document an OASIS assessment/initial assessment,
evaluating the data to identify problems and determine a plan of
care/intervention within 24-48 hours of referrals.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust
treatments to achieve maximum benefits.
- Administer appropriate modalities (manual and physical agents)
to help relieve pain, increase strength, decrease/prevent deformity
or crippling, and increase quality of life.
- Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in treatment
procedures/plan of care.
- Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in home exercise
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners and appropriate
others to plan, implement and assess the intervention
- Review medical records and physician referral to help determine
plan of care and intervention.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in
patient's chart or enter information into the computer.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals/outcomes
have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up or
referrals as needed.
- Test and measure patient's strength, motor development,
sensation, function, respiratory/circulatory function and overall
quality of life and record data appropriately.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plan for
reevaluation every 6th visit.
- Provide information to the patient about the proposed
intervention, its material risk and any reasonable
- Refer to the appropriate practitioner if a finding is revealed
out of the scope of the practice.
- Direct and supervise supportive personnel, assessing their
competence, delegating specific tasks to them and establishing
channels of communication.
- Teach physical therapy students as well as those in other
- Provide educational information about physical therapy and
physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to
promote health to our customers and community.
- Refer clients to community resources and services.
- Conduct and support research and apply research findings to
- Follow best practices as outlined in handbook.
- Follow guidelines as indicated in employee handbook.
- Participate in QA/OBQI initiatives with problem-solving via
- Perform initial assessments within 3 business days after the
start of care.
- Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory. If unable to attend,
must follow-up with supervisor.
- Documentation of notes will be submitted within 24 hours of
performing the visit.
- Completion of other duties not specified as requested or
assigned by Management.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to the company's
Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Certifications
CompanyResidential Home Health, LLCGraham Healthcare Group is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice, Lansing , Physical Therapist - Home Health, Healthcare , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!