Food and Nutrition ROOM SERVICE COOK
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
General Purpose of Job:
To prepare, cook and serve food items for patient needs and for
public areas as needed.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare and cook according to recipes, methods and procedures
for all different aspects of patient care
- Prepare and cook as needed for catering events, special
functions and retail support as needed.
- Responsible for proper storage and handling of food products.
Ensures proper food temperatures. Labels and dates all products
according to established guidelines.
- Follows all appropriate sanitation guidelines.
- Responsible for cleaning all cooking, preparation, serving and
storage areas and reporting equipment that needs repair or
maintenance to supervisor.
- Assists in training of new or part-time Caregivers.
- Contributes to and supports Goals and Objectives of Food and
Nutrition Services and the Health System.
- Is flexible in working alternate schedules as required for the
proper operations of the department.
- Helps in solving work area problems by communicating ideas and
solutions to supervisor and fellow Caregivers.
- Maintains hospital standards by participating is in services,
committees and continuing education programs, etc.
- Proactive approach to daily work; take the initiative
- Demonstrate customer service congruent with Sparrow's ICARE
• Two years cooking experience or one year Sparrow food and
nutrition cook experience. • Previous short order experience. •
Previous batch cooking experience Preferred • Previous commercial
cooking and/or health care food production experience
• High school diploma, GED or successful completion of 12 grades
combined with continued enrollment in early college program
Preferred • College courses in culinary field. • ServSafe
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated high standard of customer service skills,
self-motivation, problem solving and time management. •
Demonstrated high volume, high quality food productions skills. •
Demonstrated ability to prepare multiple items in a limited time
frame, with expected accuracy. • Demonstrated knowledge of garnish,
portion control, cost control, food handling and sanitation, and
recipe interpretation and adherence. • Demonstrated written, verbal
and communication skills. • Demonstrated commitment to job through
past performance, attendance, contribution of ideas, cooperation
with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
*This is for all Full Time and Part Time Cook positions for Sparrow
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , Food and Nutrition ROOM SERVICE COOK, Hospitality & Tourism , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!