Senior District Manager - Branch Network (Northeast - Great Lakes)
Location: Michigan Center
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Senior District Manager, Branch Network (Northeast - IN, MI)
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations
primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We
achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working -, by serving more
than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep
their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also
delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and
inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company
forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a
welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while
fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new
ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your
way with Grainger today!
You will report to a Director, Branch Network and relocation
assistance is available for this role. The branch markets for this
role are in Michigan and Indiana and this role would be based in
one of the states.
- Responsible for implementing Company strategy at a district
level within the branch network.
- Lead assigned branches in the implementation, monitoring, and
measurement of core processes, safety, inventory accuracy, standard
work, risk management and customer satisfaction
- Lead leaders to become the customer's first choice for the
products and services they need to keep their workplaces safe,
efficient, and functioning by leading the District efforts for all
customer interactions within aligned branch locations.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships to facilitate
success and embed our branch locations and technical expertise as
critical value triggers for our customers and allow Grainger to
effectively differentiate our value versus the competition.
- Lead Branch Leaders in their understanding, implementation, and
execution of performance, operational excellence and Grainger
- Collaborate across Sales, KeepStock, Supply Chain, and other
channels to ensure operational excellence and exceeding customer
- Provide leadership on analyzing and managing the district by
balancing cost and service to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work with branch leaders to identify potential solutions for
growing counter and will-call sales volume.
- Lead branch leaders in the development of flawless counter and
will-call customer execution.
- Provide leadership and coordination of special local market
- Analyze and manage district customer satisfaction levels and
district level branch real estate decisions.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit on compliance issues and
- Ensure the support of sales growth through flawless execution
of counter and will-call transactions
- Builds and fosters a strong continuous improvement culture
within the district by challenging the status quo, making problems
visible and promoting tools/ methodologies to identify and reduce
waste to build standardization and operational excellence within
- Select, develop, coach, train, and retain a diverse leadership
- Identify and develop future leaders and strong contributors
through the use of Performance Excellence and succession
- Set the example and coach leaders in their understanding and
commitment to live the Grainger values while creating positive team
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 -7 years of Customer Service/Retail leadership
- Strong business and financial acumen. Capable of understanding
financial and economic concepts to perform the necessary tactical
- Continuous Improvement mindset and the ability to teach process
- Ability to coach, lead, motivate, develop leaders and high-
performance teams and inspire results through others
- Demonstrates the ability to lead initiatives, manage large
scale projects and execute change leadership
- Comfortable in operating in a matrix environment with Sales,
Keepstock and Warehouse partners.
- Able to facilitate the alignment of cross-functional
- Must have excellent presentation skills, strong customer
- Travel is required at least 50% to your markets.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting Day One, Grainger is committed to your
safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and
flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out
some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and
social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender,
gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace.
Keywords: Grainger, Lansing , Senior District Manager - Branch Network (Northeast - Great Lakes), Hospitality & Tourism , Michigan Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!