Temporary HR Generalist / 12:00pm - 8:30pm (7001)
Company: OLSA Resources
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Job Description One of the country's leading automotive seat manufacturers is looking for a HR Manager to join the team!Job Duties:
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity, savings bond programs, day-care, and employee awards.
- Provide terminated employees with outplacement or relocation assistance.
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service.Requirements:
- 2+ years of related experience
- High school diploma required, Bachelor's preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong database management skills (Excel must be intermediate level)
- Strong filing abilities
- Strong Customer serviceAdditional Information:Hours: Mon - Fri 12:00pm - 8:30pmDuration: 4+ monthsLocation: Lansing, MICompany DescriptionFor the past 20 years, OLSA Resources has been a renowned supplier of top talent to Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States.OLSA Resources is recognized as one of the top 50 Woman-Owned Businesses, and has received the Best of Portland Engineering Award.Please bookmark our webpage to refer to during your career search as we are adding new opportunities daily: http://www.olsaresources.com/
Keywords: OLSA Resources, Lansing , Temporary HR Generalist / 12:00pm - 8:30pm (7001), Human Resources , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!