Software Engineer - Team Lead
Company: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK--
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Software Engineer - Team Lead
Lansing, MI (Corporate)
The Software Engineer Team Lead works as part of a team to research, develop, and test robust solutions to optimize, enhance, and innovate usability and productivity of software within the franchise system. They ensure the software adheres to our development standards and enterprise architecture. This individual ensures the software adheres to the SOLID design principle and is an advocate for new technologies. They are responsible for mentoring and instilling strong development and testing habits onto the other members of the team. They help ensure the project meets deadlines and may be required to work extra to ensure deliverables of the team are met. They appropriately escalate technical risks or project risks to the Application Development Manager.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for application, front end and user interface design and coding as well as SQL database design, implementation and administration.
- Performs key portions of the software development lifecycle including designing, coding, testing, documenting, installing, and maintaining custom applications
- Development activities include new development, program enhancement and program maintenance activities.
- Completes business requirements, develops design documentation and works with team members and business units to complete development as designed and approved
- Contributes to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities
- Performs proactive evaluations of technologies and makes recommendations for improvement
- Alerts colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Manages relationships with contractors, team members, and vendors
- Prioritize requests effectively and efficiently and work with a sense of urgency
- Work with a significant attention to detail and thoroughness
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Work within an environment of constant improvement
- Supervisory: This position supervises members of the application development team.
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field is required.
- A 7+ years IT experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented principles and programming languages
- Advanced knowledge of software development principles and best practices and principles
- Advanced understanding of the full SDLC process
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Strong understanding of Software Development Processes and Best Practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying applications in a continuous manner
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Proven ability to work as a team
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with build automation technologies like TFS, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to multi-task under time constraints, prioritize and respond quickly to a fast-paced environment
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is generally not required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other job-related criteria.
Keywords: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK--, Lansing , Software Engineer - Team Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!