Unix Security Administrator
Company: MSYS Inc.
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Title: Unix Security AdministratorLocation: Lansing, MI, United StatesLength: Long term Job Description:***Webcam interview*** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year and usually the project goes for 3-5 years with this customer *** Resource Tasks:
- Centrally Manage all user accounts to satisfy audit requirements.
- Provide detailed auditing of all tasks executed on all NGDI servers.
- Utilize RBAC to provide a higher level of security and maintain compliance with all the regulatory bodies.
- Configure solution according to standards to ensure proper operations.
- Provide the ability to have secure authentication without entering passwords with emphasis on the DMZ.
- Limit attack vectors in the event that a breach may occur.
- Update all servers with the appropriate DNS settings and validate that both forward and reverse lookup entries are created in the NGDS Domain
- This is to ensure proper operations. Pointing the servers to the correct DNS servers and populating the reverse DNS ensures that industry standards are adhered to and that we limit potential outages
- Configure Kerberos authentication on all Linux servers so that there is no password keyed in at the time of logon. This will mitigate the passwords staying resident in memory where they can be retrieved by scraping the memory
- Kerberos authentication this was one of the requirements when we first were rolling out Centrify. Kerberos authentication means that passwords are not entered into the endpoint which protects against password theft through memory scraping.
- Configure Centrify Zone Provisioning agent. This is the automated provisioning of users and groups into Centrify for granting permissions for accessing servers.
- This automatically adds and removes users from the Centrify system. This reduces potential human errors during deploy and the auto removal ensures security holes are closed when a user is removed
- Install Centrify Agent on all windows servers in NGDI. Configure and validate video
- To reduce the chance of pivot attacks in windows we install Centrify on Windows and configure RBAC. With domain accounts the likely hood of a pivot attack after a breach is quite high.
- Remove user access from launching a console session through BladeLogic.
- Upgrade all Centrify components to the latest code.
- This would be to gain the enhancements in the newer versions, bug fixes and to provide any security patches that come with the upgrade
- Develop and Configure Roles in Centrify for granting appropriate access to servers based on job function. (DBA, Sysadmin, WebAdmin, WASAdmin etc.)
- Too many loose privileges leave countless back doors for potential attackers. The RBAC will tighten up privileges and reduce potential attack vectors
- Fix Licensing server Required Skills
- 5 years Unix System Administration
- Experience in creation, maintenance, and execution of system/administrative scripts such as Bash, Python, Power Shell
- Experience with creation of scripts in Ansible to automate software provisioning, configuration management and application deployment
- Experience working with and configuration of user identity management
- Experience in deploying and administering storage hardware or logical storage arrays
- Experience working in a Devops or Secops capacity in a 1000+ server environment
- Experience with working with CICD, containers, Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift deployments and support
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience resolving intermediate issues with Configuration Management and Networking concepts
- Experience in performing security testing such vulnerability assessments or penetration tests to identify security misconfigurations or vulnerable SW
- Experience in remediating security issues identified by vulnerability assessments or penetration tests
- Ability to design, implement and operate systems with adherence to industry compliance such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO and identify policy violations - provided by Dice Unix System Administration, Bash, Python, Power Shell, CICD, containers, Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift, ecurity misconfigurations or vulnerable SW, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO
Keywords: MSYS Inc., Lansing , Unix Security Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!