Provider Technical Assistant-Temporary
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Posted on: November 15, 2019
DescriptionThis position is responsible for support to the BCN
provider enrollment process by performing clerical and data entry
functions, including intake of source documentation, research to
determine action, creation of ISFs, scanning and filing. The
position performs evaluation and routing of provider affiliation
requests and recontracting, and data entry into corporate provider
data systems. The position also provides departmental support in
performing daily maintenance of incoming mail, inventory reports,
scanning documents, filing and maintaining department logs.
- Manages document storage through department systems as required
for all BCBSM/BCN providers statewide. Performs research to
identify required provider information on incoming enrollment and
maintenance forms for all professional BCN providers statewide.
This may include but is not limited to working in contract
management databases and contract files to locate required
information, determine type of transaction being requested,
creating ISFs and routing information appropriately. Investigates
and verifies provider information contained within the enrollment
and maintenance forms and performs necessary follow up to obtain
information to process for completeness and accuracy.
- Enters data into provider data applications including
department systems and other programs from production sources and
- Receives incoming mail, sorts, date stamps and distributes mail
including contract documents, provider correspondence and
electronic mail boxes. The position also prints work from
electronic sources, scans work into workflow and other storage
systems and/or forwards work both manually and electronically.
Maintains accurate logs of paper and electronic mail received and
distributed as required.
- Collects, collates and mails materials to providers using
manually produced or electronically produced letters or other
- Performs general clerical functions (i.e. filing, copying,
faxing, scanning, sorting, mailing, Etc.)
- Communicate with internal customer, various BCN/BCBSM
departments and multiple levels of staff and leadership.
- Logs production data into performance management system forms
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Additional related coursework at the college level
- Two (2) years of office support experience, including data
- Successful experience in a team environment required.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively
with internal and external customers required.
- Organizational skills necessary to meet multiple priorities
including the ability to meet deadlines and track projects required
and follow-through abilities with attention to detail.
- Skills necessary to work independently as well as in a team
- Planning skills to maintain departmental files, records and
coordinate paper flow required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word required.
- Basic knowledge of Excel required.
- Data entry skills of 80 net keystrokes per minute required with
- Portico and Facets experience related to providers
- MACESS experience preferred.
- Ability to create and maintain PC based reports and databases
preferred.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, protected
veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.Job:
OperationsPrimary Location: SouthfieldOrganization: Hosp Contr &
Netwrk Admin-2123Schedule: Full-timeReq ID: BCB005B0
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Lansing , Provider Technical Assistant-Temporary, IT / Software / Systems , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!