Location: Michigan Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
On a continuing basis, manages projects on behalf of the legal office addressing substantive legal and business issues. Such projects include, but are not limited to:
1. Litigation: Requests, compiles and organizes documentation required in defending company against lawsuit claims. May periodically file or requests documents from the courts in assisting corporate counsel and outside counsel in the preparation of defense of litigation filed against company.
2. Employment and Civil Rights Claims: Assists in the gathering of facts and evidence, drafting of position statements and other documents, interviewing witnesses, and interaction with administrative agencies.
3. Contracts: Assists with drafting and editing of contracts and amendments to contracts, including student affiliations, independent contractors, physicians, employment, professional services, and software.
4. Legal Research: On a project-specific basis conducts independent legal research regarding issues assigned by corporate counsel. This involves the ability to accept and understand assignments, identify key issues for analysis and research, conduct research utilizing legal texts and electronic research tools applying specialized legal research methods.
5. Transactions: Participates in organizing and review of documents compiled as part of due diligence process in the lead up to corporate acquisitions.
6. Work Flow: Reviews and assesses incoming legal work requests in determining whether documentation sent is complete and performs any necessary follow up with clients before work can be assigned to department counsel.
7. Corporate: Preparing and filing of various documents with State and Federal agencies, including Articles of Incorporation, Assumed Names, Certificates of Good Standing, Patents, Copyrights, and Trademarks. Participate in document compilation needed in corporate transactions.
TITLE: Paralegal F09818 Page: 2 of 2
8. Subpoenas: Assist and support processing of and responding to civil subpoenas.
9. Garnishments, etc.: Working with corporate counsel, assist and advise business units in responding to Writ of Garnishments, Tax Levies, Bankruptcy claim forms.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS' Customer Service Policy and summarized below:
Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
Must possess the following personal qualities:
Be flexible and committed to the team concept
Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
Be open to new learning experiences
Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
Demonstrates customer service values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust, or extreme
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kyyba does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Medical, dental, vision
Voluntary life and disability insurance
Optional Pre-paid legal plan
Optional Identity theft plan
Optional Medical and dependent FSA
Opportunity for advancement
Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
Keywords: Kyyba, Lansing , Paralegal, Legal , Michigan Center, Michigan
here to apply!