Manufacturing Supervisor- 6pm- 6am (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Company: Barnes Group Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Barnes Aerospace Lansing Division has an exciting career
opportunity for a dynamic goal-oriented individual to play an
integral role in manufacturing operations. The right candidate
should be self-driven and have a demonstrated ability of leading
his/her team to meet the daily quality and productivity goals,
while maintaining a central focus on continuous improvements. If
you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced
environment, this position may be of interest to you.
* Drives effective employee relations, provides coaching and
development to assigned team members.
* Responsible for the supervision of assigned team members and
ensures compliance with all quality standards, customer
specifications, and company policies.
* Balance safety, quality, cost, productivity and morale to achieve
a world class manufacturing environment.
* Understand and manage the department/cell resources and
production schedule to meet customer requirements.
* Promote, engage in, and sustain a culture of Operational
Excellence - including application of lean manufacturing tools,
systems and Gemba.
* Sound understanding of Division and departmental financials,
product cost, and ability to obtain financial data and apply it to
* Administers the personnel functions for the department.
Interviewing and selection of personnel, performance evaluations,
and disciplinary action. Focus on UTL and Employee development.
* Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety and
* Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
* Active root-cause analysis and problem solving through
coordination with other departments and/or functions for
* Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations and
procedures are followed.
* Coordinates production efforts with supervisors on other
* Ensures that all equipment is operational and maintained per
specifications including responsibility for preventative
* Minimum of five years working in a manufacturing environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate
effectively instructions, concepts and direction to production
workers and management.
* Ability to follow complex instructions and/or directions. Will
require ability to decide on a course or sequence of action.
* High degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
* Attention to detail and analytical approach is necessary, as well
as demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to present information effectively in group and one on
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and
Word. Ability to obtain and understand data from the Syteline MRP
* Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management, Business,
Logistics, or pursuing with a minimum of 3 years supervisory
experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Barnes Group Inc, Lansing , Manufacturing Supervisor- 6pm- 6am (Fri, Sat, Sun), Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!