MarComm - Sustainability Trainee
Posted on: May 16, 2020
THE JOB / MARCOMM/SUSTAINABILITY TRAINEE
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and
experiential marketing programs.
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program.
Our Marketing & Events Division is looking for a motivated Account
Trainee to join the team in preparing for the DOW Great Lakes Bay
Invitational in our Midland, MI office!
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to learn event
management, on-site logistics and event activation/operation skills
to be able to successfully engage with consumers and fans. The
right candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will
collaborate with internal divisions, client partners and vendors.
Strong team dynamics skills and excellent communication skills are
required for this position. Travel on weekends, evenings and some
holiday work may also be required.
THE WORK YOULL DO
* Work with Marketing Manager to develop, coordinate and balance
timeline of Creative Services, Promotions, Media Partnerships and
Public Relations needs for each Event
* Coordinate with Marketing Manager to ensure creative deadlines
are being met
* Work with Marketing Manager to implement advance and on-site
promotions for each Event, working with Corporate and Media
Partners to maximize Event exposure
* Lead on-site activities including live broadcasts and remotes
* Control, edit and post content to the events website, mobile app
and all event social media accounts
* Work with Marketing Manager to coordinate and host Media Day in
* Lead and operate On-Site Media Center at each Tournament
THE BIGGER TEAM YOULL JOIN
WHERE OTHERS SEE COMPLEXITY, WE SEE POSSIBILITY.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential
marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification
doesnt do it for you, and it shouldnt, lets take it a step
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of
sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and
possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little
overwhelming. Even daunting.
Thats where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the
world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity
and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment,
gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
* Experience in a related field preferred
* Be available to work full time in Midland, MI office
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative,
and solve problems independently
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet
* Very organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
* Interest in sports and event marketing as a career
* Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours particularly
during tournament week
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited
Keywords: Octagon, Lansing , MarComm - Sustainability Trainee, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!