The Medical Director of the facility is a physician that is
actively practicing onsite. The Medical Director functions as the
organization’s clinical leader and ensures that the Mission and
Core Values of the company are upheld. The Medical Director
provides guidance, leadership, and oversight to the staff and will
be responsible for the clinical staff including staffing models,
medical staff hiring, orientation, scheduling, and on-going
training and company educational programs. The Medical Director
will assist in the creation and implementation of clinical and
administrative policies and procedures. The Medical Director
actively participates in and oversees the quality assurance,
compliance, and utilization review programs.
The Medical Director provides high quality, patient-focused
health care services to all patients in collaboration with the
other staff members to ensure that the individually planned needs
and desires of patients are met, regardless of age or gender, on a
continuing basis by performing the duties outlined below. The
Physician abides by the standards and laws governing the practice
of medicine as established by the State Board of Medical Examiners
and State Professional and Occupational Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintains appropriate clinical standards. Follows the
guidelines established by the Company policy and procedure
• Examines patients for symptoms and/or physical information
while ensuring the delivery of high quality, patient-focused health
care and recognizing the patient’s individual rights.
• Aides the patients in their right to be informed and to
participate in making decisions in all aspects of their medical
care and treatment and initiates a patient education plan according
to the individualized needs of the patient, including patient and
family instruction. Ensures that all aspects of care have respect
for personal values and beliefs and focuses on the individual needs
of each patient.
• Elicits and reviews information about patient’s medical
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses, results, reports
and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition
in a timely manner to determine appropriate treatment and follow
• Administers or prescribes treatments and medications
appropriate for patient condition.
• Promotes health by educational instruction as well as advising
patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services
when necessary for patient’s well-being.
• Accurately, efficiently, and completely documents necessary
data for patient records to facilitate completion of billing
• Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources of
the Company in a prudent and efficient manner.
• Participates in department quality improvement activities,
staff educational programs, attends departmental meetings, and
demonstrates and maintains clinical competency in the delivery of
patient care services in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Participates in Peer Review and Chart Audit processes as
designated by the Medical Director.
• Maintains supervisory duties over staff as required.
• Other duties as needed.
Maintains supervisory duties over staff as required.
The Medical Director physician is responsible for the
supervision, control, and direction of the Physician
Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, including students on clinical
rotation, nurse, nurse technician, medical
assistant, phlebotomist, and radiology technicians, and retains
responsibility to the patient for their
competence and performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and
skills; shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; participates
• Written Communication - Presents numerical data
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
contributes to building a positive team
• Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; displays orientation to
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops
and implements cost saving measures;
contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational
• Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Keeps commitments; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions;
includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; organizes or
schedules other people and their tasks.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; accepts
responsibility for own actions; follows through
• Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the
situation; able to deal with frequent
change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Keeps commitments; commits to long hours of
work when necessary to reach goals.
Education and/or Experience
Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers,
clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram,
or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
basic knowledge of EMR systems, specificallyDocuTap, Excel
Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current State Medical License; CDS Controlled Substance License
as applicable per prescriptive authority;
DEA Drug Enforcement Agency Registration Number as applicable
per prescriptive authority; Basic Life
Support Certification required.
Successful Completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is
preferred of full time physicians.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand or walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or
hear; reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and/or
crouch. The employee must frequently lift supplies and/or
equipment and may be responsible for lifting,
positioning, and/or transferring patients.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
moderate. The employee may be exposed to
infectious or contagious diseases and a variety of
electromechanical hazards. The employee may be required
to handle emergency and/or crisis situations.
The above job description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed in the
described position. This document is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all position duties and skills
required of the individual classified in this position.