EHS Environmental Heath & Safety Specialist Leader
Company: H. B. Fuller
Location: Michigan Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
EHS Environmental Heath & Safety Specialist Leader Tracking Code
6924 Job Description H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives
provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other
specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our
commitment to innovation brings together people, products and
processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest
challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with
opportunities to innovate and thrive.H.B. Fuller Construction
Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the
commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The
company's recognized and trusted brands are available through an
extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home
improvement retailers.EHS Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
II Michigan Center, MIThe Facility EHS Specialist reports to the
Plant Manager and has primary responsibility for leadership of the
facility/facilities EHSS & S program and processes. This position
is full time (40 hours / week).Description:This individual will be
primarily responsible for ensuring that effective compliant
programs are in place for the facility, meeting company policy and
goals, and implementing the corporate EHS program. Individual will
be heavily involved in program implementation and maintenance. It
is expected that this individual will spend a significant portion
of time walking the manufacturing areas of the facility and
interacting with plant and supervisory personnel.
- Comply with Federal, State, Local and Internal
- Operate in a manner that minimizes safety and health risk and
- Use EHS tools (webpage, databases, online training and programs
- Implement activities, programs, and training for existing and
pending Safety and Health requirements to prepare the facility to
be audit ready.
- Recognize and resolve at risk conditions that could potentially
lead to significant events, and noncompliance situations.
- Guide to the facility leadership in the area of
- Support the completion of facility corrective and preventive
- Coordinate and support regional and corporate compliance
programs as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable environmental permits,
regulations, and programs. Arrange for required sampling, complete
inspections, submit reports accurately and on time, and keep
records organized and accessible for inspection.--
- Responsible for the profiling, storage, shipment arrangement
and management of hazardous and special wastes. Involvement in
customer product return to the facility.
- Supply sustainability data and support goals established as a
part of the program.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training of personnel to comply with
regulatory requirements such as hazardous waste management, storm
water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention control and
countermeasures plan, air permit, and waste minimization.
- Obtain and maintain updated information and local contacts on
applicable environmental issues.
- Implement and customize H.B. Fuller's environmental programs to
local facility needs.
- Proactively identify situations when permits and environmental
programs are required to be revised and ensure all required permit
revisions are obtained and programs updated in a timely
- Inspect housekeeping at facility and identify areas for
- Bachelor's degree in safety/environmental or related
- Minimum--5 years working in an EHS focused role
- 2 + years working managing OSHA, EPA, NFPA & PSM (if applicable
to the location) and other applicable regulations
- 2 + years managing projects with effective project management
- Facilitated In-house training on a variety of EHS topics in
accordance with EHS management objectives.
- Facilitated Accident and Incident Investigation and Analysis as
per EHS management directives and operational requirements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the application of systems to safety
(Responsible Care-- VPP, OHSAS 18001, IIPP)
- Excellent skills in the use of MS Office programs and
experience with EHS related reporting systems.
- Excellent leadership and training skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (this is a
three-shift facility), process work rapidly, set priorities, work
under pressure and follow through with required tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 10% supporting other locations as
needed and the corporate compliance audit and assessment
- This employee is expected to spend a significant portion of
their time on the plant floor engaging with employees and working
on safety improvements.
- Frequent walking, standing and climbing stairs is
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted, although
- Will work in a chemical process manufacturing
environmentEmployees receive full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
Holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement
depending on the employee's annual base salary. If qualified, H.B.
Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee's medical
premium.----All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based
on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and
individual performance.To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller
does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human
Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or
any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related
to unsolicited resumes.For more information and to apply, go to:
www.hbfuller.com/connect H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status. Job Location Michigan Center, Michigan, United
States Position Type Full-Time/Regular H.B. Fuller is an Equal
Keywords: H. B. Fuller, Lansing , EHS Environmental Heath & Safety Specialist Leader, Other , Michigan Center, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!