Contract Specialist - Remote
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced
environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is
complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer squarely in
focus, people who deliver robust solutions.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best
Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work
and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and
What you will do:
As a Contract Specialist, you will work in a cross-functional
team environment to support the government contracting process for
their assigned business and/or geographic region, including
drafting, redline review, negotiation, issue spotting and
resolution and follows through to contract execution and retention.
The Specialist partners closely with team leadership and legal
counsel to support contracting opportunities. Under supervision and
in partnership with Legal Counsel, the Specialist will work within
the framework of sales, contracting, legal, finance, and sales
operations strategies, legal and administrative regulations, and
company policies and procedures to guide internal stakeholders
through the decision-making process and contracting experience. The
Specialist will identify business and legal risks and propose
creative solutions for risk mitigation, identify and escalate for
legal review and resolution of legal issues related to FSS, ECAT,
IDIQ, and BPA contracts, and represent Stryker's interests
professionally and in a solutions-oriented manner to both our
internal and external stakeholders and customers.
This position can be based out of remote office in the US.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft, edit, review, and negotiate complex agreements with
minimal supervision, in a manner that manages business and legal
risk while effectively supporting our internal and external
customers in a timely manner and fast-paced environment.
- With Government Contract Manager, ensures compliance with
federal commercial item contracting requirements', including those
associated with commercial sales practices disclosures, the price
reduction clause, country of origin requirements, industrial
funding fee and other fee mechanisms, small business subcontracting
plan, System for Award Management registration, and other
- Provide excellent, time-sensitive, solutions-oriented,
strategic contracting support to sales colleagues across
- Exhibit solid negotiation skills, including comfort in
negotiating contract terms with customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sales, finance,
operations, and attorney stakeholders across the decentralized
- Serve as a contracting and negotiating expert to other areas
within the organization.
- Exercise excellent judgment in identifying and escalating
issues to management and/or for legal review in a timely
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Stryker's product lines,
competitive environment and customers to better support functional
initiatives and provide recommendations to internal
- Monitor and track status of contract-related matters and
proactively provide updates to Legal Department team.
- Identify system or process improvements that increase
efficiently, compliance, or reduce cost to the business.
- Serve as a liaison between Stryker business units and Legal and
foster two-way communication of evolving business needs,
challenges, and opportunities.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years' work-related experience or
military service/experience in government procurement.
- High School Diploma with 5 years' work-related experience or
military service/experience in government procurement.
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
- Contracting Certification (Defense Acquisition University,
Federal Acquisition Institute, National Contracts Management
Association) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense and Veteran
Health Administration strongly preferred
- Experience working with federal procurement contracts,
especially FSS, DAPA, or ECAT strongly preferred.
- Possesses and practically applies broad and advanced knowledge,
skills/abilities, and understanding of disciplines within business
- Demonstrates well-developed ability to anticipate impact and
proactively take initiative beyond direct responsibilities.
- Demonstrates professional and positive demeanor.
- Completes high volume or complex work in a timely and thorough
manner with minimal rework.
- Ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Works under supervision and instruction of management.
- Demonstrates influence skills.
- Understands basic budget and expense management.
- Makes recommendations of moderate financial impact.
- High proficiency in computer systems and programs such as the
Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn Stryker-specific
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Generally, involves sitting most of the time.
- Must be able to communicate well with people in person and
- Must be able to review handwritten and printed materials.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Lansing , Contract Specialist - Remote, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!