Armed Security Officer
Company: DK Security
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Overview DK Security is Michigans fastest growing security
company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm
and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff
security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the
needs of our clients. DK Security can provide you an opportunity to
grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We
offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a
team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a
reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding
officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you
join our team! Job Skills / Requirements
SCOPE: Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting
the sites building, grounds, assets, employees and visitors against
criminal activity. Armed Security Officers will work on a team to
control access to the facility at entry/exit points and will serve
as a point of contact to all visitors and patrons. This is a great
opportunity to work on a team and serve a truly critical
- 1st / 2nd / 3rd Shifts
- Part-Time (16-24+ hrs/week)
- Rate of Pay: $14.69/hour
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, group
accident, short term disability, identity theft protection, and
Paid Medical Leave (eligibility requirements apply).
LOCATION: Lansing, MI
- Must provide exceptional customer service when dealing with
Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Will use radios and other communication devices to clearly
report emergency situations to dispatch.
- Guard posts this may include gatehouses, building lobbies or
- Conduct foot patrols including but not limited to exterior and
interior of buildings, gates, entrances, doors, windows, and
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television, as well as
monitoring other computer systems and alarms.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and report all incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America,
- Must have a current, valid Concealed Pistol License.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some
college is preferred).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a
criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no
misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related
offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol
related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of
hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our
Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to
Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills and the ability to solve problems and
de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These
include the ability to read and write the English language and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures,
maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan drivers license, and
have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in
the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3
years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1 st Aide/AED Certified (prior
certification is preferred).
- 2 years of experience in law enforcement, military, or armed
security is preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures on use of wire and radio
communications, and report writing preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts,
including walking long distances, and possibly up and down
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way
radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to pass a Physical Agility Test within 90 days of
hire, and annually thereafter. The PAT includes activities such as
sprinting, sit-up's, push-up's, and a mile and a half run (all
activities are timed events).
- Ability to work independently with little or no
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or GED
Keywords: DK Security, Lansing , Armed Security Officer, Other , lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!