Company: Holt Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Openings as of 4/23/2021
- FRENCH TEACHER GRADES 7-12 JobID: 13949
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/ Foreign Language - French
- Date Posted:
Multiple - Locations
Holt Public Schools - HOLT PUBLIC SCHOOLS INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
POSITION: FRENCH TEACHER
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Holt Public Schools is located in the Lansing metropolitan region.
It is primarily located in Ingham County with portions in Eaton
County. We provide educational programs from Early Childhood
through and beyond 12 th grade including access to Early College
programming and Career and Technical Education. Our current
enrollment totals approximately 5,250 students. Our student body is
approximately 40% persons of color with significant ethnic
diversity and representation from historically marginalized groups.
We employ approximately 800 employees and are committed to hiring
and supporting a more diverse work force. Holt Public Schools is
committed to creating an environment in which every member of our
community is seen, heard, valued and welcomed. Diversity, equity,
and inclusion is essential to this endeavor.
- K-12 Secondary Teaching Certificate and Highly Qualified in
French (French (FA) endorsement) and one other subject area as
defined by the Michigan Dept. of Education and the No Child Left
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and
the desire to improve practice.
- Ability to use and assess student writing and oral explanation
as a measure of learning.
- Ability to use explicit assessments to make instructional
- Ability to use alternative/authentic assessments.
- Interest and willingness to structure teaching for conceptual
- Interest and willingness to integrate students with learning
handicaps into general education classes.
- A strong history of professional growth efforts (experienced
teacher) or an expressed philosophy which defines the necessity for
a professional teacher to grown and learn throughout a career
- Experience with team-teaching
- Experience with pedagogy based on learning theory.
- Experience with integrated curriculums.
- Willingness to participate in Collaborating for Student Success
(CSS) groups as a means of improving practice.
- Teaches skills and knowledge in foreign language instruction to
secondary pupils, using course of study adopted by the Board of
Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, school policies,
administrative regulations and procedures of the school
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible
with the basic instructional philosophy.
- Provided learning experiences that develop the basic
communication skills, using technology and equipment as
- Provides individualized and small-group instruction in order to
adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Instructs pupils in the safe operation of technology used in
language instruction. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs
- Develops pupil understanding and appreciation of culture of
countries where Spanish is spoken.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to
provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluates each pupils progress in aural comprehension,
speaking, reading, and writing Spanish in relationship to the level
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids, and
instructional supplies; maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on pupil
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional
staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of
- Maintains professional competence through professional
development activities provided by the district, and in
self-selected professional development activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriated administrator
to develop the method by which she/he will be evaluated in
conformance with district guidelines.
- Maintains an auditable record of pupil attendance and
performance with legends of clarity.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to negotiated Master Agreement
between the Holt Education Association and the Board of
Submit a Letter Interest/Resume to:
Holt Public Schools
Human Resources Office
5780 W. Holt Rd.
Holt, MI 48842
Go to Job Listings External Applicants Only Tab on our website
Posted: April 23, 2021
Deadline: Until Filled
Holt Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex or
gender in the admission to or employment in its educational
programs and activities.
Questions may be referred to the Local Coordinator for Title IX,
Erin Quinlan, Director of Human Resources, 5780 W. Holt Road, Holt
MI 48842, 517-694-6392, Erin.Quinlan@hpsk12.net
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Holt Public Schools, Lansing , French Teacher, Other , holt, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!