Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program Coordinator (Full Time)
Company: Tri-County Office on Aging
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports to:Reimbursement Manager
Work location:Lansing, MI
Base Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours/week, Monday Friday,
Compensation: $24.20/hour plus comprehensive benefits
General Responsibilities: Coordinates Tri-County Office
on Agings (TCOAs) Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP).
Provides information regarding Medicare, Medicaid, supplemental
health insurance and long-term care insurance. Provides consumers
and their families with the tools they need to make informed
decisions. Assesses consumer needs and provides information on
services available at TCOA and within the community. Recruits,
trains and supervises a group of MMAP volunteers, ensuring
sufficient number of volunteers to meet the need for the
Essential Job Functions: (Reasonable accommodations
will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with disabilities
who can perform the essential job functions.)
- Provides consumers with information about MMAP. Topics include
eligibility & enrollment, covered services, prescription drug
assistance, Medicare fraud/abuse and the appeals process.
- Advocates on behalf of consumers. Helps consumers establish or
restore eligibility for public and private health benefit programs.
Helps consumers secure services and benefits for which they are
qualified & entitled.
- Supervises and oversees MMAP Site Coordinator activities.
- Recruits, maintains and supervises an adequate volunteer pool.
Trains volunteers to perform the tasks mentioned above.
- Develops, presents and attends MMAP meetings and training
seminars as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts MMAP program publicity and outreach
activities, representing both MMAP and TCOA.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes information, reports,
graphs, charts and other data as needed.
- Provides training to Supports Coordinators on Medicare issues,
including but not limited to Part D.
- Provides counseling to Project Choices clients and oversees
Eligibility Specialists involvement in same.
- Responsible for tracking and meeting rigorous benchmarks and
reporting set forth by MMAP/Aging & Adult Services Agency
- Conduct Outreach Forums.
- Examples of job functions listed do not include all tasks which
may be found in this position. Duties and responsibilities may be
added, deleted or modified at any time.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and standards of
- Commitment to the organizations missions and goals.
- Computer skills sufficient to learn specific departmental
- Ability to maintain confidential information regarding all
aspects of client, volunteer, employee and agency information.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish good
relationships with staff, clients, volunteers and vendors.
- Ability to represent the Agency in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust priorities to meet deadlines in a timely
- Must have proven leadership skills and characteristics.
- Ability to make quick, sound and effective decisions.
- Ability to meet department standards with regard to job
knowledge, client focus, initiative, productivity, communication,
teamwork and attendance.
- A Bachelors Degree with 2 years experience in public benefits
is preferred or in lieu of a degree five years experience working
with public benefits is required.
- Satisfactory completion of MMAP training within 1 year of
- Valid Michigan Drivers license in good standing (less than 4
points) is required.
- The work environment varies. When in the office, safe work
practices in regard to office equipment, avoiding trips/falls and
fire regulations are required. When traveling to or spending time
at residential or medical facilities, exposure to unusual elements
such as smoke, unpleasant odors, loud noises and extreme
- Physical mobility is required for sitting, walking, standing,
bending and lifting/holding/carrying objects of up to 20 pounds.
Must be able to move around in multiple locations with varying
physical environments & barriers. Must be able to drive. Ability to
enter and access information using a computer. Must be able to
communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and vendors in
person and over the telephone.
- Sensory requirements include exposure to varying temperatures,
noise levels, environments and activities.
- Mental requirements include the ability to handle varying and
intense levels of stress.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
All employees who have access to protected health information
or personally identifiable information, are required by the HIPAA
Privacy & Security Rule to receive training to ensure an
understanding and knowledge of the Privacy & Security Rule that
corresponds to their duties. Training on the requirements of the
HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule and the policies and procedures is a
prerequisite for this position. Employees who violate the
requirements of the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule will be subject
to discipline up to and including termination of employment.
To view the complete posting and to apply online visit,
https://www.tcoa.org/employment/ or to apply in person, visit us at
Tri-County Office on Aging, 5303 S. Cedar, Suite 1, Lansing, MI
Tri-County Office on Aging is an Equal
Keywords: Tri-County Office on Aging, Lansing , Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program Coordinator (Full Time), Other , lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!