1st Grade Teacher
Company: Holt Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Openings as of 4/23/2021
- GRADE 1 TEACHER - WILCOX ELEMENTARY JobID: 13942
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Wilcox Elementary School
Holt Public Schools - HOLT PUBLIC SCHOOLS INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
POSITION: GRADE 1 TEACHER - WILCOX ELEMENTARY
2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR
Holt Public Schools is located in the Lansing metropolitan region.
It is primarily located in Ingham County with portions in Eaton
County. We provide educational programs from Early Childhood
through and beyond 12 th grade including access to Early College
programming and Career and Technical Education. Our current
enrollment totals approximately 5,250 students. Our student body is
approximately 40% persons of color with significant ethnic
diversity and representation from historically marginalized groups.
We employ approximately 800 employees and are committed to hiring
and supporting a more diverse work force. Holt Public Schools is
committed to creating an environment in which every member of our
community is seen, heard, valued and welcomed. Diversity, equity,
and inclusion is essential to this endeavor.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION :
- Valid Michigan Elementary Certificate and Highly Qualified in
endorsed area as defined by the Michigan Department of Education
and the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Candidate must provide documentation of how the Highly
Qualified requirements have been met for each subject area.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all students.
- Deep understanding of PreK Grade 4 Literacy.
- Interest and willingness to structure teaching for conceptual
understanding in all core subjects.
- Understanding of multiple tiers of interventions.
- Ability to utilize and assess student writing and oral
explanation as a measure of learning.
- Ability to use formative and summative assessments to make
- Ability to build a collaborative classroom environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other grade level
colleagues for planning and curriculum work and other professionals
with a desire to improve practices.
- Interest and willingness to integrate students with special
needs into general education classes.
- A strong history of professional growth efforts (experienced
teacher) or an expressed philosophy, which defines the necessity
for a professional teacher to grow and learn throughout a career
- Willingness to be involved in school improvement and curriculum
- Willingness to participate in building relationships with
students by participating in extra-curricular clubs and
organizations (i.e. student programs such as Science Olympiad,
Student Council and Student of the Week.)
- Ability to use information technology to enhance learning and
to enhance personal and professional productivity.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience in differentiated learning.
- Experience with integrated curricula.
- Experience with planning and teaching diverse learners.
- Experience with innovative technologies to increase student
engagement, motivation, and achievement.
- Teaches all core subjects in a classroom, utilizing courses of
study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides
individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the
curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best
utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards for student behavior needed
to achieve a respectful and cooperative learning atmosphere in the
- Continuously evaluates students academic and social growth.
Keeps appropriate records, and prepares ongoing progress
- Maintains ongoing communication with parents utilizing multiple
- Identifies student needs and participates in a problem solving
approach to meeting the needs of all students (academic, social,
- Creates an effective learning environment.
- Maintains professional competence through professional learning
activities provided by the district and/or self-selected
professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator
to develop the method by which he will be evaluated.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Participates in faculty committees.
- Follows established Board policies with regards to
instructional programs and areas of employment.
- Maintains CA-60 files and other records in accordance with
district procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the
Submit a Letter Interest/Resume to:
Holt Public Schools
Human Resources Office
5780 W. Holt Rd.
Holt, MI 48842
Go to Job Listings External Applicants Only Tab on our website
Posted: April 23, 2021
Deadline: Until Filled
Holt Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex or
gender in the admission to or employment in its educational
programs and activities.
Questions may be referred to the Local Coordinator for Title IX,
Erin Quinlan, Director of Human Resources, 5780 W. Holt Road, Holt
MI 48842, 517-694-6392
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Holt Public Schools, Lansing , 1st Grade Teacher, Other , holt, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!