MIDOC, Assistant Medical Director
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
The Assistant Program Medical Director will understand and
effectively communicate and abide by the applicable standards and
requirements, the contracting agency and the security regulations
of the institutions to which assigned as well as supervise and
provide care which meet or exceed the constitutional requirements
of access to care, right to a professional medical judgment and
right to care that is ordered.
- MD/DO from an accredited university.
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain current licensure within the states as
required, accrediting and contracting agency.
- Maintains a current DEA number.
- Must maintain privileges.
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in
- Recruit, retain, and develop the provider team;
- Provide clinical oversight to the facility medical programs,
accrediting and contracting agency;
- Manage formulary and non-formulary medication;
- Monitor medical provider documentation for audit compliance.
Provide regular feedback to providers to improve performance and
- Work closely with utilization management team to manage offsite
- Serve as supervising physician for mid-level positions based at
- Perform annual reviews for providers based in home office;
- Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with the Program
Medical Director, providers and other teams in responsibilities
which include but are not limited to: Continuous Quality
Improvement, Healthcare related patient grievances, Infection
control, and Utilization management of inpatient and outpatient
services, laboratory and deploying clinical initiatives.
- Understand, utilize and monitor Chronic Care Clinics that
assure compliance, accrediting and contracting agencies.
- Provides direct patient care where needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Lansing , MIDOC, Assistant Medical Director, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!